New to the forum. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ThomasGTO Send a message via MSN to ThomasGTO Send a message via Yahoo to ThomasGTO
New to the forum.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I have been lurking about and really enjoy it so far. I am the proud owner of a 1967 Pontiac Tempest. My dad told me when I was 3 that it would be my car and since I was 3 I have claimed it as my car. I never really had the money to do all the things I wanted to do to it because I was young, and in college and working full time. Eventually I got the motor rebuilt and running VERY strong. I started working 2 jobs and I wanted to buy a house so I made a huge mistake by selling it 5 years ago hoping it would go to someone who would be able to afford the things I didnt have the time or the money to provide it with. I never thought I would see the car again and I began to kick myself in the ass almost daily since the day I let it go. Suddenly out of the blue the guy called and said he was selling it but he couldnt find the title. The car never got transferred out of my dads name, and it never got registered so she even gets to keep her original california plates.. I guess some things are just meant to be. What is very cool is that it was literally stored in a garage for the whole time. I got to see the car a few weeks ago and there isn't one thing different about the car from the last time I saw it, it literally still has my stuff in it. Nothing has changed at all. The guy said he drove it around for a weekend and parked it next to his 67 Lemans in a garage. So as of now I doubt the car even has 700 miles on the rebuilt motor. Now its my turn to provide it with the royal treatment. It will be my my dads and my project. I even got him talked into putting a slab of cement in our barn back home so we can have the space that we will need. Here are some pictures from before I sold it but it is still literally in the same exact condition. It has a 400 bored .60 over, balanced, forged pistons, rv cam, lots of head work, the shop that did it was estimating 400hp in colorado 5280ft..(which I beleive) I just moved to san francisco a couple months ago havent driven it here yet.

Video:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pretty nasty Tempest. Nice car.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to REDGTO89
welcome to the forum

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Hey man, this is my first post so I'm new too. Keep it up, the car is sick. Tomorrow is my first real day beginning to restore my 1968 Convertible. Stories like that will keep interested, I'm sure.

I'm sure I'll see ya around

-Justin
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums guys.
Looks like your Tempest needs an Auburn posi unit in the rear end.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 PM

Welcome aboard Man!!!...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Welcome to the herd brother!

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Nice car, welcome to the forum.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Welcome to the forum, sweet ride.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ThomasGTO Send a message via MSN to ThomasGTO Send a message via Yahoo to ThomasGTO
Thanks guys! I cant wait to get a nice little posi unit in her. I got to see it this weekend, I cant wait to get new locks and keys for it. They got lost somewhere in the shuffle between the guy I got it back from and the transport service I used to get it back to California. This week will be my Birthday so i am gonna have to use the birthday card to get the lock key set, and it needs a ignition switch too that was a problem ever since I had it.. I aint gonna deal with a push button switch any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in