New Guy, got a few questions - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Guy, got a few questions

so i loved the 68-69 GTOs since i was 15 at the lastest when i saw one( the judge) at my dads friends farm sitting next to his brother inlaws trailer. it was in good condition and was selling it for a cheap at the time 3000...unfortunately i couldnt afford it at teh time and neiher could my parents to help me out just till i could pay them back.

but now 13-14 odd years later im in a position where i can, and a wife that supports it. ive been looking at craigslist and found a 68 GTO judge clone which appears to be in decent shape. heres the description :

"This is a 68' GTO Cloned to look like a 1969 Judge, 400 Pontiac rebuilt with forged pistons, roller rockers and comp cam. M21 4 speed rebuilt. Was told it was an M22 when I bought it but it is an M21. 12 bolt Auburn posi with 3.55 gears. Aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. Power brakes, and was converted to power steering. Has new Hotchis springs. New chrome rally wheels. This is a really nice car and runs very well. Needs a little interior work and thats it. It is from Las Vegas and is rock solid. Just painted last year."

my question is to all of you, is what do you think this car is worth?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2218.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	11620   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2207.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	11621   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2216.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	11622   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2214.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	11623  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCrazy View Post
so i loved the 68-69 GTOs since i was 15 at the lastest when i saw one( the judge) at my dads friends farm sitting next to his brother inlaws trailer. it was in good condition and was selling it for a cheap at the time 3000...unfortunately i couldnt afford it at teh time and neiher could my parents to help me out just till i could pay them back.

but now 13-14 odd years later im in a position where i can, and a wife that supports it. ive been looking at craigslist and found a 68 GTO judge clone which appears to be in decent shape. heres the description :

"This is a 68' GTO Cloned to look like a 1969 Judge, 400 Pontiac rebuilt with forged pistons, roller rockers and comp cam. M21 4 speed rebuilt. Was told it was an M22 when I bought it but it is an M21. 12 bolt Auburn posi with 3.55 gears. Aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. Power brakes, and was converted to power steering. Has new Hotchis springs. New chrome rally wheels. This is a really nice car and runs very well. Needs a little interior work and thats it. It is from Las Vegas and is rock solid. Just painted last year."

my question is to all of you, is what do you think this car is worth?
pretty tough shape inside. what a disaster that dash is. cant see much of the body who knows about that. i would guess 6-7k range. if you were to restore the car and make it nice you would spend 12-15.
you asked.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Garage
If you want a 69 GTO there is a nice one in STLouis on Craigslist (listed just a couple days ago) needs restoration but supposedly all there, SAVE A CAR, don't buy one already ....well somewhat done.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'd pass on that one. If you want a 69 Judge, or a clone, keep looking. It will cost FAR less to buy one than build one.........beleive me, I know! eric

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

hes asking 12500...i was just curious what ud offer him if u were interested? im not looking into a full rebuild, but im not nessarily looking to blow 25k either, or at least all at once. a clone doesnt nessarily bother me as i would plan on sooner or later dropping a FI motor like a 6.0 from a silverado or alike, but with a 6 speed manual.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Twelve-five is about twice what the car is worth. I'm with the others here. This car is worth much less than if it were "left alone". A Judge clone out of a '68 is a downgrade, IMO. As stated, that interior/dash is an expensive fix. I have seen MUCH nicer solid '68's and '69's going for 12k or thereabouts...in fact, I just missed a near-mint original '68 last year with less than 100k miles on it for 12k...I would let this one pass, unless the price plummets.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 PM

Take ALOT more time looking around. You will find a nice car for a fair price in this economy. Are you mechanically inclined and are you going to do work yourself? Or will you pay someone to do things that need to be done? If you are not going to do the work yourself spend a little more money on a car that is much more "complete". This hobby can get real spendy really quick. To redo that interior you could drop $3-$4k easy.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 PM

I agree, that is quite a bit considering what it still needs, even if you just want a hotrod and dont care about the dash or how it looks under the hood. The paint looks nice from here but pics can make bad stuff look good, and who knows what you would find under that shiny paint if you found a small problem. If I had the money I would think about it at $6k or $8k if the engine had some good parts in it and the interior was ok, but at $12k I would just smile and walk away. That is like me asking $12k for my 70 and it hasnt had anyone murder the dash.

The front end looks nice though.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Looks like a cobbled mess inside. The seats aren't '68 or '69. Maybe '72. Dash is a disaster. I think the owner is hoping someone will get caught up in the shiny paint. Seen '68 Judge clones before. Basically, a '68 with a wing, paint and stripes. If you want a Judge clone, at least start with a '69 or a year that actually had a Judge..JMO

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 PM

Garage
I agree with all about the price.. But, it may be a rust free Vegas car. It also has all the options, and may have a very strong motor under the hood. Body and paint/endura bumper look good. Like the rest, 6k-8k sounds alright if the body is solid. Interior looks alright, just dusty from the body shop, new carpet it $120. Motor looks like it has been raced/hopped up, intake, headers, MSD.
Body shop I hang at just took in a 70 Chevelle barn find. Had the car media blasted, no rust at all, POR 15 the whole car, ready for paint. But, the rest of the car is "as found".. Sometimes you have to look beyond the obvious to find the root. The car may be dead solid neglected with documentation, I'd take a look. It may be a bondo'd up abortion also..

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in