User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Here

Good Morning Everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Chris Bush, and while I have been lurking around here for the last few months, I have finally gotten tot he point that I wanted to ask questions and get input from people so I made an account and we will see how this goes. A little about me, I did 12 years in the Army as a Special Operations Combat Medic and I was medically retired from injuries sustained in a combat zone. I did 7 combat deployments and LOVED what I did, and my career came to a unexpected halt. Now I am a retiree and I am married to a Naval Officer and decided(with her urging) to get a hobby. So I bought a 1967 GTO, and enrolled in a Auto Body course, and have been so since June of this year. The body work is getting close to being done, the interior id 90% finished, now I moving on to the mechanical and electrical parts of the car. I look forward to talking with you all and learning a lot.

v/r

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 09:55 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Greetings, Chris, and thank you for your service to our country. We appreciate it---a lot. For inspiration, you may want to dig up old threads by "Too Many Projects" and "Bear GFR"...two gents who takled virtually every aspect of restoring/reviving their car. "Instg8ter" and "Crustysack" are a couple of others to look up. You picked the right car to restore, and you're bound to find it challenging and rewarding. The best part is the driving when you're all done. I've had my two GTO's for over 30 years, since I was a kid, and enjoy them now even more than I did back then. It IS a great hobby, and I think you'll find that Pontiac people are a bit more sophisticated than the 'other' guys!! Welcome.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Howdy from Texas, Chris!
Thank you also for your service....

Welcome, and please keep us advised on how your car is coming along. We love progress reports and photos.

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hey Chris,

Welcome from Northern California and Thank you for your service! Tell us a little about your car. GeeTee has a '67, as do I. If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Chuck

When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 06:58 PM

Welcome Chris. Your service to our country is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately any new members pay for lunch. Haha LOL. I am hungry that's all. Just a joke. Seriously we need to see pics and progress if you can.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

I live in pensacola FL, I bought my 67 for very cheap due to a twin type increase of a mans family! His wife wanted it out before Xmas and I obliged. I have about a year of auto body schooling and I am continuing on with it, so this is my school project. I have attached the vin and plate, photos. The car had the original block but it was in rough shape it also came with a 72 motor which is in amazing shape. I have already stripped most of the paint off, pulled the interior and ordered all of the metal pannels. I am going to be finishing up the body/metal work over the next month and then repaint it the original color of I can figure out what it was. I'll post some photos in the restoration section later today. Looking forward to hearing more from you guys!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	50825  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

This is the vin, I'd love help deciphering the data!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	50833  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in