A octane booster that actually works - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A octane booster that actually works

Here locally we have 90 octane non ethanol available at the pump.
We run that in my sons 68 464 stroker and I use it in my 69 Corvette.
Mainly needed a octane booster for my Vette. She has the original 350/350 hp with its original iron heads. GM advertised it as 11 to 1 compression.

No matter what you did to the timing or adding over the counter octane booster the 350 still pinged, I just learned to keep my foot out of the pedal over the years.

I read about a booster called Octane Supreme...... do I dare say on a Corvette forum.........so I ordered up a case.
According to the label on the cans it contain real lead. I followed the instructions for raising the octane by 8 points.
I took the old girl out for a 2 hour drive yesterday. Let me tell you she hasn't run this good in close to 40 years tho I did have to reset the timing, she wanted to run on after turning her off and with the booster the idle picked up 300- 400 rpms. My car has the original side pipes and the exhaust fumes even smell different.

We also tried some in Brents GTO. We raised the octane by 3 points.
What we noticed mostly after adding the booster to the GTO was the improvement on start up and idle.

Anyways I am sold on this stuff, especially for those of us that have original high compression iron headed cars.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 10:38 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
I've been using this stuff for the past 10 years off and on with my '65 GTO. I may need to use it in my recently acquired '61 Corvette, which pings badly when the second carb is kicked in. Octane Supreme 130 is the only octane booster I've ever used that really works, and I've tried them all. Don't even waste time on any of that Autozone crap. I've been on the Corvette forum a bit myself, too....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I and many others, just mix in some racing gas. I added about 2 gal of 108 octane racing gas to about 1/2 tank of 93 octane pump gas, in my high comp 455 bracket racing engine.

It has #215 heads, so I figure it's over 11:1 CR. It ran great. Ran 7.30's(1/8 mile), and ran real smooth from idle to 5500 rpm. You can do a search. I've read that most octane booster products do very little, and those that have enuff octane increasing ingredients to actually make a difference, can actually cause harm if used constantly.

But hey, I'm no expert. Maybe ya'll have found the one product that really works and will do no harm.

A quick search turned up a 6 quart case of this stuff, on Ebay, for nearly $200. So I assume you guys must have a cheaper source for it. So ya'll might as well share a link to the best price for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kemco-62150-...7380c9&vxp=mtr

Last edited by oldskool; 06-14-2015 at 11:16 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heres where I got it

Wild Bills Corvettes

Octane Supreme

I think their in Arizona

I bought the case at $135. Shipping charges for me was like $14. I live about 100 miles N of Seattle

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in