opened a can of worms - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
opened a can of worms

I bought a nice set of die cast taillight bezels for my '65 from Canada. the car is an older restoration and not done by todays standards. whoever did the body work on the car used black rtv silicone on my quarter extentions instead of the gasket. goobed it on heavy. you would not believe what I had to do and how long it took to get them off without any damage. he also used silicone on the lenses instead of the gasket. WTF ? its gonna be a long slow process removing all that silicone. wish I could meet the guy so I could give him a hard, swift kick where the sun don't shine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Could be worse....I went by a guys house years ago to look at a "project" he was working on with another friend of mine. He was putting patch panels in the quarters of a Camaro. And he was using license plates as patches..... I said to him "so, you are using license plates huh?" and he says to me "yeah, you've never seen a licence plate rust, have you?"

True story......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
i remember as kids using street signs to re-do the floor pans in a friends 65 mustang, think they were the only metal on that car that was'nt rusted. When he found it it was buried to the axles in the ground but we got it running for one summer before the shock towers gave out.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Had a good friend who bought a pretty nice red 72 Chevelle once. Just a 350 auto bench seat car. Driving it home all the lights just go out; dash, headlights, everything. Lets check the fuses.......No fuses.....just a fuse box full of aluminum foil.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
i remember as kids using street signs to re-do the floor pans in a friends 65 mustang, think they were the only metal on that car that was'nt rusted. When he found it it was buried to the axles in the ground but we got it running for one summer before the shock towers gave out.
Haha, last year while I was changing my floor pans, I found a patch of a Hospital sign in my upper trunk area bolted and srewed in ... But wasn't rusted at all And instead of changing the rubber body mounts the prev. owner used PU foam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in