OPGI Backorders - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OPGI Backorders

A customer ordered '67 GTO quarters, fenders and other parts from OPGI. Initially on backorder, they are now delayed until further notice. I have never dealt with them before. Is this an issue that is common with other customers only at this time or is this the norm? Fortunately this is not a rush job as the owner has other vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:17 AM
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)

Hi Raven. Welcome to the forum
I too am restoring my 67 Goat.
I have bought many many items from OPGI.
A lot of things they simply dont stock all the time and relay on other companies to supply them.
I know how you feel. For the most part they arn't that bad on "back ordered items"
They do have a great return policy. lol
You might send off for other catalogs (usually much easier than trying to find what you want online).........i.e Ames Performance, The Parts Place, Performance Years & Summit Racing. They all sell the same things for your car. For more common items try Rock Auto
hope this helps and good luck
you're in the right place.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have had that same situation with them. It did not take more than a couple weeks before I got my stuff. It would definitely pay to checkin with them periodically if time becomes a factor.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Garage
The quarter panels will be on back order until doomsday. The manufacturer scrapped the initial tooling and is "starting over". Apparently they are very difficult to get right..........

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Thank you. Initial ETA was 4-6 weeks. The customer was then notified they would be on indefinate backorder. Roof skin came damaged but it was in limbo due to constant snowstorm delays. They took it back no questions asked. The owner is in no rush and has other cars. If the initial tooling was NG I won't even bother trying to locate others. Seems better to wait until they get it right.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Long time. Any insider news on quarter availablity? The customer has not heard anything. Job is not a priority but if doomsday still holds true, other arrangenents will be made. While not related directly, I know part production for other cars has been delayed and reduced due to the economic downturn. Thanks.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I bought quarter panels from OPGI because they said they had them in stock and I could get them quicker than the 4 weeks Ames told me theirs would take. OPGI said they would ship them on Monday, then next Monday and on and on with the lies. 3 weeks later they finally shipped, one of them was either damaged in shipping or sold that way. I will NEVER buy anything from OPGI again. I bought 90% of my stuff from Ames, very easy to work with, I placed a few orders with Performance Years, was happy with them too, PY doesn't have as many parts in the catalogs as others.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:24 PM

Garage
".....until Doomsday"

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll have him contact Ames then. So I assume the tooling is finished and they are making full quarters now?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 AM

Garage
Raven, As far as I know, the Quarters are STILL unavailable. The ones "they" sell with out the sail panel (old molds) are rated fair to poor. I have NOT tried one. Some guys say they aren't bad, some say they are junk. I THINK Randy (05GTO), might have used one or two,,,I would suggest you ask him. Eric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in