Parts Reference Book - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Parts Reference Book

Hi! Does anyone know a good book that relates to parts for a 67 GTO?
Thanks
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Hey Linda...... The Pontiac GTO Restoration Guide 1964-70 by Zazarine and Roberts is a good one to start with. The ultimate would be a factory Pontiac 1967 Tempest Service Manual. I don't have one, but I wish I did! They're out there, at swap meets, etc. I see them at the Turlock swap meet occasionally. Not real cheap, but VERY detailed.
Jeff
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Hi again. Just found what you're looking for. Go to Repair Manuals - Car, Motorcycle, Truck, Tractor, Boat, Outbaord Motor, Bicycle, more
They have a reprint of the '67 Pontiac Manual for $40. Seems reasonable. I've seen worn out originals fror about that or more. Good luck with it!

Jeff

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Reference book

Hey Jeff!
Thanks for your help. You've been so helpful....I did see one on ebay but they wanted mucho bucks for it (an original one). A reprint would be fine. thanks for the info on the AC. I know I don't need it here for but maybe a week out of the year, but like you said, I'll take my time. I'm more worried about the heater at this point. The guy who rebuilt it put in new heater core, but the vents are covered and the fan is not working. I'll have to check it out. I've only had it since Monday night and had to take it to get the brakes done the next day. Tomorrow I'm taking it to get the exhaust totally redone for someone put straight pipes all the way back with no bends. It vibrates a lot on the back floor boards. It needs new mufflers as stated before. I think I'm putting flowmaster 50s on it. Not sure yet. The console is in great shape, it just needs a lock and once the exhaust is put on, it's going in the garage to get cleaned and polished on the inside and the body work will get done. It's pretty straight except for the passenger fender and a dent/chip on the driver's quarter panel. I hope to get it ready to drive in the summer. The motor is fantastic! The guy really did a good job and it runs like a top. Nothing like the sound of that 400.....

Linda
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Linda....there is a guy on e-bay selling most of a 67 GTO...parted out right now. I have the GTO resto guide by Paul Z. it is a great book for parts reference. To do repair/replace parts you need the SHOP Manual....readily available (repro) "everywhere"................... Eric

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Reference book

Thanks Eric!
The car really doesn't need anything major. I'd just like to have it on hand in case I acquire the AC System, etc. I'll try that restor/parts guide.

Thanks again
Linda
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie67 View Post
Thanks Eric!
The car really doesn't need anything major. I'd just like to have it on hand in case I acquire the AC System, etc. I'll try that restor/parts guide.

Thanks again
Linda
Linda...there is a guy on e-bay selling a parts car (67 Le Mans)...kinda bad shape. he states that is has A COMPLETE AC system still in it !!!!!! I forget if it is in the Vintage parts section or cars for sale section (brain isn't what it used to be thanks to my good friend Jimmy Beam)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Service Manual for 1967 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie67 View Post
Thanks Eric!

Thanks again
Linda

Linda, I purchased a repair manual from Ames "just in case" and I don't remember it being too expensive. It is a reprint. No luck yet with my search for a wood steering wheel to free up for you the black resin wheel currently installed on my '67. Good luck and post some pictures. Paul.

P.S. -- You're right, nothing like the growl of a 400. I have Flowmasters on mine and they sound great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in