Picky-Picky I know! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Picky-Picky I know!

I'm doing a front end (firewall forward) resto of my 1969 GTO Judge that I purchased new in July of that year from Northgate Pontiac Buick in Edmonton,Alberta. My current interest is a little neon green tag attached to my driver side,over the inner fender wiring harness, about 2.5 inches from the bulkhead connector at the firewall. It has the numbers 7474 PL repeating. No retail concerns seem to have or know if this little nuisance is being reproduced. Any thoughts?
Also, one of my front park/signal lamp inside housings is discolored but the d/s side is as issued. Coating seems simply a semi-bright Al. The reflector cones are definately a bright Ni. Anywho, any OEM suggestions on an interior redo? Thks, Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum!

The color band with the pick code identified the f/e harness to the assembly worker. the Kryta's (inline tube) like to provide such detail stickers, though there are times when such detail stickers are made up. A good example is the white labels for brake drums & the color bands that wrap around axle tubes for use on '70-72 McKinnon 12 bolts...these never existed on the McKinnon rear axles. You might try making your own color band using rub off letters from a hobby store, the correct base color of plastic, & an overlay of clear.

On the parking lamp buckets, agree the reflector area is a bright alum. It's been 2 years since I examined repro buckets from the PartsPlace, they def had wrong plating. On interior pieces, what a few fellow high level restorers used to do is search & search for #1 used condition seat covers, then if they absolutely had to, buy PUI's unassembled door panels & rear side panels, then assemble them with a lot of attention to getting a nice thin base of foam on top of their metal upper backer pieces. Now many have replaced those restorer improved upon PUI panels & bought Legendary panels & seat covers. The dielectric pleating & definition is much better with Legendarys pieces. The comfort weave on '70 & 71 seat overs, still isn't real comfort weave, but it looks better than the version PUI offered since the late '90's. On dashes, I hope with you being in Canada, you dash is in great shape, for a very nice original car, or a cutting edge Concours restoration, am not a big fan of the remolded dashes coming out of Just Dashes, just too puffy looking, & often near impossible to get the center dash AC bezel in on a '69 w AC dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in