please help urgent - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
please help urgent

Hi guys im new to this forum and i need some help. I work at a shop in Costa Mesa CA called SoCal Collectibles. We are in the process of a full underhood restoration on a 1970 GTO Judge with the 400 c.i.d., Ram Air and a 4 speed. The car is almost complete except for on part. There is vacuum solenoid or somthing that resembles one that I cannot figure out where it was mounted or where the vacuum lines would be routed. There is an electrical connection that fits this component that comes off of the harness from the drivers side right near the coil. Other than that I dont know musch else about it. If there is anyone that maybe has a picture of this or could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks -Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like the TCS (transmission controlled spark) solenoid. It mounts on a bracket near the coil. It prevents vacuum from being applied to the distributor vacuum advance until the car is in 3rd or 4th gear. Vacuum hose runs from the thermostatic vacuum switch on the front of the manifold to the TCS, and then to the distributor. Electrical wires go from the tranny, through the solenoid, and to the ignition switch.

Last edited by lars; 12-29-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in