School me on the 1967 GTO - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
School me on the 1967 GTO

Hello everyone! My father and I have recently decided to get into the collecting/auction scene. One of the first cars on our list is the 1967 GTO. I have always loved these cars, for lack of a better word I think they are gorgeous.

I was wondering if any of the knowledgeable folks here could point me towards a good book or catalogue that can tell me what to look for in order to tell if the car is original, numbers matching, production numbers of specific trim levels/models etc.

Furthermore, if any of you guys know off the top of your head what 67 GTOs are going for at auction on average off the top of your heads that would be good info too. Just to give an idea of how much should or shouldn't be spent.

From what little I've read on here I have picked up that the hard top is the more desired between the hardtop and sport coupe. I do not think we are looking for a convertible as of yet, because our other car, a 1972 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 is a convertible and we are looking to switch it up a bit.

Either way, any help that I can get is greatly appreciated, and maybe this thread can turn into a sort of research guide for anyone else in the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

I just did a little more browsing and found the ultimategto web site, that is an awesome site. But again if anyone has any interesting info just shoot it my way.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Try "Pontiac GTO 1964-1972 Restoration Guide" by Paul Zazarine and Chuck Roberts. As far as prices LOL $1000------$75,000. Yuo should be able to get a sweet heart for 30 to 40 K....Eric

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Animal View Post
Try "Pontiac GTO 1964-1972 Restoration Guide" by Paul Zazarine and Chuck Roberts. As far as prices LOL $1000------$75,000. Yuo should be able to get a sweet heart for 30 to 40 K....Eric
Awesome man, thanks a lot. I just want to be able to go in there armed with info you know what I mean? Don't wanna go walking in blind.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The 400 blocks can be confirmed as being original to the car, 67 was the first year to include the engine unit number during the first part of production and switched to using part of the vehicle's VIN during the later production. Also, when the above changes were made pontiac relocated the casting number from the distributor pad to behind the #8 cylinder.

Unlike buick, olds and chevy, pontiacs can be verified by ordering the build sheet, billing history and window sticker from PHS Automotive Services, Inc.

Click the below image to visit their website;

Randy

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
1935 Auburn. 1957 Corvette. 1963 Stingray. 1963-5 Riviera. 1967 GTO. When they're styled right, they're styled RIGHT! '67 GTO: great choice. Probably the best looking early GTO. The car literlally screams "MUSCLECAR". Converts are neat, but the hardtop looks meaner with the tunneled backlight. Good choice!! If you need specific info, get back to us and we'll try to help out. Good luck.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 PM

67 goat.

Early GTOs are great cars' so will always be desired by people for collecting'trading' racing etc..
There are lots of varying examples on the market' in price and quality. Always stick to originallity and desirable factory options. If its not in the VIN usually stay clear. A proper correct car is the way to go for residual value' collectability etc..
Happy hunting - Be wise.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much guys. I will keep you posted on my search. The next RM auction is in March, so, unfortunately it may be a little while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in