User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sold the Goat......

Thought I post here since I mainly hung out with you old school guys. Sold it around July 4th. We had it for 10 years and I thought it was time to wrench on something completely different. Didn't even have to put it on the market. A friend of mine who has a friend has been looking at the car for a couple of years waiting for it to go up for sale. The buyer and his other buddy were trying to find their cars from back in the day. His buddy had a '68 Verdoro Green, black interior, 455 AND Keystones. The only thing missing were hidden headlights....

Anyway, the guy that bought it sold it to his buddies wife who gave it to her husband as a present. I guess he was tickled to death about the car. I just thought it was a cool story. Nice it went to someone who really appreciated it...

Since I'm not a Goat owner anymore, I asked Admin and the Mods to take me off the Mod list. Didn't seem right to be a Mod w/o a Goat!

I also want to say thanks to a bunch of you guys. Since joining the forum I've learned a TON about GTOs. If I ever get another one I'll know exactly what I'm getting...

I did purchase another car within a couple of weeks of selling. It's one of the cars that's been on my list since HS. Didn't go looking for it, just happened to appear fairly close by on C/L. We were looking for streetrodded cars/trucks and even Vettes. Although, the wife didn't want a Vette...

We ended up buying a '34 Ford. Same year car in ZZ Tops vids. 350 chebby, TH350, shift kit, Hurst Promatic 2 ratcheting shifter, 9" Ford w/3.55(about), electric windows/seats, tilt/telescoping camaro column, leather interior, AC/heat. Eventually I want to change out the rims. Probably go with reversed chrome and caps.

Sorry for the novel. Here's some pix:

Here's the rims I want:

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 AM

That kind of suprized me that it was you that sold the goat, your gonna miss her some day. That's a pretty cool ride you picked up there, I have always wanted a 32 3 window, with fenders and hood. Definately change those fugly wheels, have anything in mind? Spoked wheels would be classy.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Former Super Moderator

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Nice ride!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Thanks fellas, it's a blast to drive.

68GTO - I plan on staying old school with reversed chrome rims. Just like the ones on another '34 in my last pic....

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Pertronix Ignitor III
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice coupe!
I like your wheel preference...

1968 Pontiac GTO
1983 Pontiac Bonneville (G) wagon
2008 Pontiac G8 base
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 AM
MaL

Send a message via AIM to MaL
You're still turning a wrench, all good in my book.

It sounds like you'll still be around this forum. Please chime in whenever, your knowledge was/is helpful.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Greenie, you've always been helpful and I hope you still will be. You've got good taste. I like the wheel choice. We all need to diversify...if we had unlimited funds we could get all the cars we like. I once had a '37 Chrysler 2 seater buisiness coupe (straight 8) that I sold, and I still miss it, but we can't keep 'em all. Congrats on the change, and I sure hope you stick around if you have the time.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Thanks guys. Ya, I'm going to pop in every now and then, probably more(HA). Been on the forum so long that a bunch of you long timers are practically family! Got to know some of the not so long timers too.

So many cars, so little time Jeff....Lol BTW, my knowledge couldn't hold a candle to yours.... Eventually, God willing, I'll sell this one and hopefully get something different again....... For now we'll just enjoy it....... We'll look into a wheel change next spring....

I'm going to keep the '68 in my sig. It puts a smile on my face.....

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Pertronix Ignitor III

Last edited by 68greengoat; 09-27-2013 at 11:25 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
You're too kind. There are many folks out there who can and do run circles around me. I'm a 'low tech' kind of guy. We know what we know, but the neat thing is, we can all learn, and that's the fun of it. I've been toying with the idea of getting another old coupe, and have looked at some '36-'40 Fords.....I like the 'retro' rodded ones with hopped up flatheads and tuck and roll interiors, like the ones I saw in the '60's as a little kid. Big$$$, though. The neat thing about these old cars is you can buy them, drive them, and if you want, sell them, and they cost you almost nothing, as opposed to buying a $40,000 new car and selling it in 8 years for $3500. Nothing classier than old steelies on these fat fendered rods, though.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

None of us are getting any younger, stop toying and start buying! That would be very cool.... You still see some of those old flatheads at shows.... Have you thought about building one to save a little $ upfront? Trouble is like anything else, in the long run it would cost most of us more $. At least you could spread it out over a few years.... Or, are your building/restoring days over????????

Yep, all that chrome with the steelies should look pretty cool......

A side not, I have a catalog from Honest Charley Speed Shop. It's the '56 - '57 edition. The catalog is like brand new. My dad had it. Full of Weiand flatheads. Can't forget about Offenhauser either...

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Pertronix Ignitor III
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in