LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Josh.AZ.GTO
Some good news finally.

I'm on my second 70 GTO, the first one I purchased sight unseen off of eBay. Unfortunately the car didn't look bad minus the roof when bidding. Well the car collected water and rusted inside out and was more than I wanted to sign up for the first go round. Needed floor pans almost all. New quarters both sided and a roof panel, along with trunk and various patches. So I traded my 70 GTO and some cash and upgraded to a 95% rust free Southwestern 70 455HO car. The car came with a bill of sale. Well it has been a journey, but today I found out the title is coming in 8 weeks or possibly sooner (had a company do this for me). Which was my only reserve about pouring money into this car. I have the front clip disassembled and am currently in the progress of a frame off restoration. This will be my first restoration. I've been taking lots of pictures and notes So I'm pretty excited, got this news first thing today. I have been chasing the title for almost 9 months.

Now tomorrow hopefully I will be hearing back from the bank. I also am about to close on my first house, but more importantly my first two car garage for the goat.

JOSHUA
1970 GTO 455HO Cardinal Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on the HOUSE and the GTO!!! Eric........ya' gotta have a laboratory to work in!

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Great News Josh.....FYI when these things are apart they will take up two spaces in the garage and the parts will fill a shed...LOL.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Garage
Glad to hear things are turning around for you!

Now pictures of the new car, new house and new SHOP SPACE!!!

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Congrat on the garage!!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Heck Josh, you should have let me know. I can get you a title in a couple weeks, as long as it wasnt stolen and doesnt have any liens on it. Congrats on the house, and on the cool GTO. If they cant get you a title, PM me the VIN and we will work it out. I had to do that with my 65, and it only cost me $35.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats Josh, on the car and a place to work!

Hey Brian, what I want to know is how you managed to *only* use two spaces with your car apart? What's your secret? My wife would love to know...

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Bear i was lucky enough to be able to do mine "frame on" and leave enough room for the wife to squeeze in for the winter months (30'x36' garage /shop with 12x16 attached office)....The shed and my office held all the "off" and new parts. now that its done i need to clean all the spaces up and paint the floors....
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys. I will get some pictures uploaded as soon as I can. Where I'm living now we have no internet at the moment, but maybe I can load some up on a flash drive and get them posted tomorrow on my lunch break at work.

I'm pretty excited about getting started on this car. I am anticipating it being a lot of work and want to do almost the whole car entirely in my garage. I have worked on all my own cars throughout my life, so I am pretty confident in doing this myself, however I know I will turning to here for a lot of answers and know-how from all of you and your great wisdom. My dad was big into cars when he was younger, but got out of it by the time I was born. He never really talked about his cars (78 T/A, 69 442, 69 Roadrunner, 71 Dart Demon) and his racing at Dragway 42..... lo and behold....... it must have been in the blood cause without previous knowledge of my father's conquests (when I was younger) I somehow ended up with a love of muscle cars without the encouragement. I remember building models as a child, my dad still had his from when he was a teenager and I always just wanted to restore them from being damaged throughtout the years. I think this is where it started and has not died out.

But before I ramble on to much further, I am totally excited and want to thank everyone on here. Reading everyone's posts and following your projects has brought me much joy. I love seeing these cars coming back together. I have be sitting idle on my project not knowing which way it was going to go, but now I can move forward with it.

***Thumpin, if for some reason this falls through I will PM you. The price you paid is very reasonable to what I paid for a private company. In the end, I am happy. I found the car was not stolen, I did find a bunch of parole papers in the car during the first initial cleaning...gutting. I'm wondering if at some point it was police auctioned.***

Lesson to learn from this is to be cautious about "non-titled" cars. I should of done more research on the subject before my purchase. I had car in hand and cash out of pocket before I realized the tape involved in titling a car with a lost title. However, it worked out for me..... but it could have not. For my outcome I am thankful.

JOSHUA
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Luckily I currently live in a state that does not snow so I can park my daily driver outside while the goat sits in the garage. I also am not married as of yet, so no making room for the Mrs. car or anything.... just tools and parts for me in my garage.

However, my girlfriend asked me why I bought this car when I was still in school (one more semester to graduate)...... I told her well we have been dating for a while and if things keep moving forward if we were to get married down the road.... I wanted to buy the car while I was single ..... before she could tell me "No!" She laughed. I promised her a 70-73 Firebird, after the GTO.

JOSHUA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in