Unique GTO idea, give me your opinion - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unique GTO idea, give me your opinion

Hey everyone, I am playing with a idea and thought I would run it by you all. I recently picked up a 1968 GTO convertible. The car runs and is not too bad visually. However, since I like nice things, the car is undergoing a frame off restoration to be a really nice GTO.

Now, I just happen to be a lawyer professionally and hence I really like the name The Judge. I know the GTO Judge did not come out until 1969, and thus cloning my '68 GTO into a Judge would not even qualify as a true "clone" but more as a Judge Tribute.

Now here is my idea, please tell me what you think. As I mentioned, since I am a lawyer I thought instead of making a clone with The Judge badges, what if I were to take a bit of humor and create my own....I am thinking of making the first and only Pontiac GTO Justice. I would clone a Judge for the most part (rear spoiler, side stripe, badges, etc), but the badge would be unique, for instead of saying "The Judge" in three colors, I would use a badge that says "The Justice" that looks similar to the The Judge, but in a chameleon paint (instead of three colors). The Judge has a side stripe that is also in three colors, whereas The Justice will have a sidestrip similar to that of The Judge but will be in one color...chameleon. The car itself will be bright red. So at a glance it would appear to be a Judge when in reality it will be The Justice.

I figure this would be a humerous way to play on being a lawyer, and combine cloning a Judge with being unique. So tell me what you folks think.
Note: I am asking for opinions, so you can be honest, I will not be offended (so long as you are not rude about your opinion).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Sounds great. If it turns out as good as it sounds, you might have people stealing your ideas. Also great to hear someone with an original plan, not the same old Judge clones. I say run with it.

1969 GTO
NUMBERS MATCHING
PAWN SHOP FIND
1947 MGTC
GRANDFATHER STARTED
RESTORATION IN 1980...

"You can have it all, my emipre of dirt. I will let you down, I will make you hurt"
NIN
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Anyway as long as selling it is never an option, go for it. If'n you ever plan on selling it you are wasting your clients money. Unless you found another lawyer with bad ta... wait.. nevermind hahahahahahahaha

https://www.gtoforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic18842_1.gif

1966 Pontiac Lemans Convertible
389 tri power

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Garage
Sounds like a cool idea. how about : GTO Esq. Eric

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 PM

So let me get this straight........you want to take "daJudge" idea and do a "daJustice" but you want a "daJury" to help you decide........just want to make sure I got it...............

Sorry, couldn't resist.......
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 09:57 PM

Garage
It's your car, do what makes you happy. I like the unique touches people add to their cars, when done in good taste. If you were proposing putting 20's on it with air bags, I'd say hell no, but what your planning sounds cool. It keeps the theme of the GTO with your own twist. I've also got a '68 and have a '69 spoiler on it '71 sport mirrors and a hopped up 455 in it with crager wheels. People love it. I get lots and lots of compliments. I like a little variation from the same old stock stuff you see at every show. I'd say go for it.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Garage
I got the Jury for you, check out "my garage". I wanted it back in Highschool with my 71 Lemans Sport, now, 20 years later, did it. Painted on Judge stripes with Pearl paint inside. The other suggestion was the exicutioner?, that may go on my 66 if it's fast enough, emblem just looked real busy. All my work is burried under the paint, but for your emblems, you could put them on top of the clear, so if you sold it they could take them off if they don't dig them, or if you have a change of heart.
I say, go for it, cool stuff.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Garage
I still like GTO Esq. as you are an attorney. Lke JET says (look at his JURY !) Tasteful mods are cool....not that I would ever modify a GTO ....just be sure , as it is kinda like a tatoo... a 68 is a nice year car to have I might not use the spoiler (no offense to anyone), it seems a bit overpowering on the 68 ( my $.02)...... Eric

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post
I got the Jury for you, check out "my garage". I wanted it back in Highschool with my 71 Lemans Sport, now, 20 years later, did it. Painted on Judge stripes with Pearl paint inside. The other suggestion was the exicutioner?, that may go on my 66 if it's fast enough, emblem just looked real busy. All my work is burried under the paint, but for your emblems, you could put them on top of the clear, so if you sold it they could take them off if they don't dig them, or if you have a change of heart.
I say, go for it, cool stuff.

Ooh I like. I am glad to see I am not the only one with a bit of a sense of humor. Nice ride. the Jury and The Justice may have to get together for a Hearing....lol.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I thought that rang a bell...

Ya'll seen this car?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3859411/1969-pontiac-gto

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in