Vendor refuses to pay return shipping for damaged goods - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Vendor refuses to pay return shipping for damaged goods

I wanted to open a new thread just to get the word out a little better. I bought a 1969 judge spoiler from The Parts Place in Chicago and it came damaged. I politely mentioned the problems and sent photos to the vendor but they didn't care so...

It Looks like it will cost right at 75.00 to return the spoiler to them. I am steaming mad. Ive had my car on paint blocks waiting for this spoiler to arrive only to not be able to use it only to have to pay to return it!!! I pulled a few quotes from our conversations.....

Hairline cracks in fiberglass in the primer are normal.

Thank you
the parts place inc

Respond

Dear the parts place inc,

I "will have to prime it and paint it" Really? You left out repair it and so you consider a foot of cracks in a 5 foot spoiler "small and normal"?
These are not hairline cracks they are structural cracks
Thank you

Dear par4n1,

Small hairline cracks are to be expected. You will have to prime it and paint it.

Thank you
the parts place inc

Dear the parts place inc,

There was no response to my last question so I will ask again. I have always understood there is/was a 14 day return policy form the day the part was received but this is different. I was delivered a part out of the box that was broken and un usable. Is it possible to send me a return shipping label or will you reimburse me my total cost for both the part and return shipping? I will use the least expensive ground rate I can find but I need these answers to these questions.
Thank you,

Dear par4n1,

We do not pay for the return shipping.

Thank you

- the parts place place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 PM

File a claim with the shipper.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Never used them and never will, just bad business to ship a faulty part and expect not to be called on it.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Did you pay with a credit card? You may be able to dispute the charges and have your card company go after them for the refund. That will change their tune . Also, send them an email with a link to all the threads you have started and let them see how their shady business practices are viewed by the enthusiasts that spend money with resto vendors.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never bought from Parts Place ...atho their site came up when doing a parts search numerious times for my sons 68 goat.
Their site to me always looked too generic, and was always cheaper then eyeryone else .
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Ace

Garage
Thanks for alerting us all to this company's poor business practyices and even worst service. Vendors like this need to be identified so the rest of the collector car hobby can avoid them.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Just for giggles, I logged onto their Contact page and sent them the following:

"Might I suggest that taking care of a customer with a damaged GTO spoiler would be in your best interest to maintain business. In these days of internet communication, making the customer pay return freight on a bad quality part will cost you WAY more than you could possibly save by making him pay for freight. Business 101."

When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 12:51 PM

Ames & Performance Years are the only two vendors I use. Chicago was your 1st hint it was only to end bad!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ordered rear quarters from them and one of them arrived damaged, my body shop just fixed it for me. What made me really mad was they lied about it being in stock and promised it would ship by the end of the week on 3 different occations. I also ordered a dash pad from them because their catalog description said it had a steel core instead of a fiberglass/plastic one like the other venders offer. When I go it it had been bent in two and the core was obviously plastic. I sent that back on their dime after a heated phone conversation. Never again with Parts Place even if they are the only vender with the part.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for every ones interest in this matter. Im glad I have a place to vent and alert others to the horrible business practice they've shown. As if it matters shipping was a hair under 50.00 today. Equal to having dinner and drinks without the dinner and drinks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in