VINs differing - Page 2 - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I know .....Ello posted, the car HAS the window frame on the door when the window is down. I believe he referred to it as a bpillar. Yet he posted a picture of the car and I don't see a frame around the window, therfor my response. I am very fluent with 65 I have 2 convertibles and 1 HT in my garage right now. I have owned them since the late 70,s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:10 AM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnuttz33 View Post
I know .....Ello posted, the car HAS the window frame on the door when the window is down. I believe he referred to it as a bpillar. Yet he posted a picture of the car and I don't see a frame around the window, therfor my response. I am very fluent with 65 I have 2 convertibles and 1 HT in my garage right now. I have owned them since the late 70,s
Wow, did someone pee in you cornflakes this morning?

Being so fluent with 1965 GTO's we'll be looking for a lot of future input from you with regards to these. Thanks for coming on board.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My post wasn't meant to be angry or malicious. I'm sorry if you felt that way.
I posted because i am confused.
Maybe i can clarify why i posted.

Ellos the original poster said the window pillars are present when the window is down.
A picture was posted (maybe this is where i got confused) of a 66' that had no window pillars. Maybe I assumed this is the original car he is talking about.

I posted that the picture had no widow pillars.
Geeteeoh responded to my post it isn't a window pillar.

I am still confused.

I posted a responce from my phone i don't see it posted here, so i will refer to my "fluent " remark.

My Avatar is me in 1981, My brother and I have owned Collectively 64, 65, 67, 68. and the last one Pontiac failed on the ventura body.
I have always had a GTO in my garage since 1974, i am now 61 and have 3 in multiply stages of restoration now.

I DO NOT in anyway claim to be an expert. But i am fluent. sorry if i came out cocky, it wasn't my intent.
And that "fluent" is mainly 65's.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

Ellos the original poster said the window pillars are present when the window is down.
A picture was posted (maybe this is where i got confused) of a 66' that had no window pillars. Maybe I assumed this is the original car he is talking about.

I am still confused.

I posted a responce from my phone i don't see it posted here, so i will refer to my "fluent " remark.

My Avatar is me in 1981, My brother and I have owned Collectively 64, 65, 67, 68. and the last one Pontiac failed on the ventura body.
I have always had a GTO in my garage since 1974, i am now 61 and have 3 in multiply stages of restoration now.

I DO NOT in anyway claim to be an expert. But i am fluent. sorry if i came out cocky, it wasn't my intent.
Trust me pontiac Jim does not make mistakes. If he said you pissed in your cornflake I m willing to bet you did. Also trust me move on not worth yours or any one else's time. . I think it ruins the whole ideas of having a forum but some here always have the right answers . I mean really if you have an average of one post every day for six years you must know what your talking about ??? I think ???? NOT ??and I will add why can't you just shut your mouth and let folks talk .? You had a legit question but Pontiac Jim had to jump in. He always has to have the last line . Good luck Pontiac jim who I says does not even own a Pontiac but he sure does read a lot of books . Can't wait for his reply but please understand I might not read for a week or two . I do have s life unlike you Doug

Last edited by dd68gto; 04-14-2019 at 12:39 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:28 PM

Garage
Quote:

I am still confused.

With posting, black & white, they lack emotion, feeling or even tones, and your post sounded arrogant, maybe even a little condescending. This is why we use the selection of "Smilies" to enhance some of the responses so we know where you are coming from. You could have been chuckling when you wrote your response and it was all in the nature of fun, but how do we know?

Your statement, "I know .....Ello posted, the car HAS the window frame on the door when the window is down" does come off poorly with the intro "I know" and adding to that the capitalization of "HAS" which comes across as loud. Adding the segment of "...." makes me believe you were injecting "what the F" in there but left it out so we could all fill in the blank - tell me I am wrong. Now if you had written a response such as, "I know , I was just pointing out that the photo shows the window down without any post, so it would be a hard top", my response to you would have not taken place. So keep in mind how you say things in type as it may not be well received as written and you may get a response that you had not intended. One of the reasons I hate texting and rarely do it.

If you read the first post, you would understand that the poster does not have clue as to what he has inherited - thus his confusion in the body style types. We who grew up with these old cars know the differences from sight, and can tell you what year it is whether it is Pontiac, Chevy, Plymouth, Ford, etc.. His confusion is like mine today when I look at contemporary cars and haven't a clue as to make or model because they all share the same shape with very little character to differentiate one from another unless you really stare hard or place them side by side - not so the "older" cars.

You are going to find many who have not a clue on what they have or what they are looking at or what it is they need to do to fix/change something. They may be enthusiast who did not live through the era some of did when we owned, drove, and worked on them as our everyday rides and they had no connection with the word "collectible." So that has to be taken into consideration.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd68gto View Post
Trust me pontiac Jim does not make mistakes. If he said you pissed in your cornflake I m willing to bet you did. Also trust me move on not worth yours or any one else's time. . I think it ruins the whole ideas of having a forum but some here always have the right answers . I mean really if you have an average of one post every day for six years you must know what your talking about ??? I think ???? NOT ??and I will add why can't you just shut your mouth and let folks talk .? You had a legit question but Pontiac Jim had to jump in. He always has to have the last line . Good luck Pontiac jim who I says does not even own a Pontiac but he sure does read a lot of books . Can't wait for his reply but please understand I might not read for a week or two . I do have s life unlike you Doug

Once again, Douche Doug has to chime in. I got you pegged for a Chevy troll or maybe even a Ford troll? You may not even own a car, but one of those mopeds perhaps? You wont' be able to read my reply for a week or two? They let you out in public that often?

Go take your meds and we'll see you in a week or two.

Love,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in