LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Why on earth would you buy this Judge?

Talk about a parts car only, I cant fathom why there are 44 bids and it is at over $8K.

Pontiac GTO Judge | eBay

"This is an authentic GTO Judge with some unusual options. It is an automatic ram air car with air conditioning and comes with PHS documentation. Due to a ball joint failure it was rolled over. It is worthy of and needs a high quality restoration. Of course a lot of it wouldn't be used but look at the pictures closely and you will see that it is not a rust bucket and you could avoid a lot of other issues. Even though they would be replaced the trunk and floor pans are unusually solid. Both doors are useable and the decklid and spoiler are very good and original to the car. The hood is very good and has the ram air parts. The rear bumper is good and the vin tag and trim plat are in tact. No damage to the cowl. Inside the only thing I see missing is the steering wheel and glove box lid. The seats are rebuildable and the console is not bad. This is one of the more rare tach in the dash cars and the ram air switch is there. The engine is not correct. It is a 1974 455. The rear end appears to be original and is a saf-t-track. The transmission is still in the car. The drive shaft is missing. The car came with power disc brakes, power steering, and tape stereo. It was sold in Thompson, Ga. in has been in Ga. all its life. Please ask questions and feel free to call me anytime. 478-231-4848. Sold with a Ga. bill of sale but a title is obtainable if your state needs one. If you have a -0- feedback please call before bidding so I will know you are a person. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Looks like two bidders really want it.
I don't know why, engine isn't original and it seems to be pretty trashed.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know exactly why. Way toooooo much TV and car restoration shows. In that condition no body shop would wanna take the responsibility of restoring that rust bucket. In my opinion you will need about 50K to make that car even worth looking at. I dont see the return at least not in this era. Not right now.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Former Moderator

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
The Count would have that thing cherried out in a week!
The segment they did on the Mustang that was owned by one family since it was new made me sick, that car should have been restored like it came from the factory.
There are thousands of beaters out there to do that to, IMO they ruined that car.
The family was stupid to let them do that, they were all gaga over it and I was thinking WTF!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Roper View Post
The Count would have that thing cherried out in a week!
The segment they did on the Mustang that was owned by one family since it was new made me sick, that car should have been restored like it came from the factory.
There are thousands of beaters out there to do that to, IMO they ruined that car.
The family was stupid to let them do that, they were all gaga over it and I was thinking WTF!
They ruin most of the cars they work on...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I saw that one on Ebay last weekend when I was browsing and thought the same thing. Way too far gone to be anything other than a parts car. I agree that some of the shows on make it look easy to turn around a rough car, but this one just needs way too much. By the time all the work is done you could buy a matching numbers Judge.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Someone will buy it for the Vin numbers and frame, then get a donor Tempest/Lemans/GTO and do a swap/restore, restamp a block, and sell the car with the PHS documents and make a handy profit to some less than suspecting buyer who wants a Judge.

Funny how the seller says it is not a rust bucket when in my opinion it sure looks like a rust bucket.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 06:01 PM

Man, I'm with you....i think it has been listed a few times.....I am the eternal optimist when it comes to restorations, but this thing is gooooonnnne.
That said, i just bought a Judge which has been sinking into the ground since 1979! (way better shape than the rolled over on on eBay)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacJim View Post
Someone will buy it for the Vin numbers and frame, then get a donor Tempest/Lemans/GTO and do a swap/restore, restamp a block, and sell the car with the PHS documents and make a handy profit to some less than suspecting buyer who wants a Judge.

Funny how the seller says it is not a rust bucket when in my opinion it sure looks like a rust bucket.
I'm with Jim on this. It's a forgery in the making.

When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Well........someone bought themselves a very toasty GTO "Judge" for only $8500...what a bargain. Look for it at BJ in the fall.

Amazing what the seller said was solid, would have to be replaced anyway. I love how he said the deck lid was original and "very good" (Both doors are useable and the decklid and spoiler are very good and original to the car.) is obviously a rusted out POS that I would not put any time or money in and would need to be replaced.

"Even though they would be replaced the trunk and floor pans are unusually solid." Lol Wut?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in