Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Injun Territory, 'Merica!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
following were used by GM in the 60's & '70's, all but the T-10's we're installed in GM A-body's.
all of the below fit, shifters & shifter linkage will differ for several styles.
- early Borg Warner T-10 4speed w GM input shaft
- early Muncie 4 spd w 7/8 cluster pin
- Saginaw 3spd, Saginaw 3spd w OD, Saginaw 4 spd
- Muncie 4spd w 1" pin, used through '70
- Ford toploader HD 3speed used by Pontiac '66-69
- '71-74 big output shaft Muncie 4spd
- 2nd design BW T-10, often mistakenly called a Super T-10
other direct fit transmissions that have been installed in GM 60's & 70's A & F, typically for drag racing
- BW Super T-10, the real deal, bought through '70's Speedshops, has high nickel gear set.
(small output shaft is common style)
- Nash 4 speed, basically an aftermarket Super T-10, high nickel gear set
- modified Chrysler 833...usually the Hemi ratio 4spd, has aftermarket input shaft.
chysler 833... require some shift porch mods, it's been 25 years since I've examined one.