Ledge reveal molding - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ledge reveal molding

I bought a 67' Tempest post car. It has missing window ledge reveal moldings. I see that the convertibles have a different molding than the hardtops. I was about to order but does anyone know if they are different for a post coupe. Chicago muscle car parts shows a different number for hardtop, post coupe, and convertible. National Parts depot has these and it doesnt say it wont fit post coupes. I looked at the car and it looks like it would be the same because the post is on the inside really. Anyone know if they will fit or if they can be made to fit? If they cant does anyone know where to find them?
https://www.npdlink.com/store/produc...267-10569.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
The belt-line moldings are different between Hardtop Coupes and Sports Coupes (POST)
The molding for the SC has provisions (reliefs) for the upright frame/moldings.
Even though your Tempest may not have come with the upper frame decor moldings the Belt-line will still have these.
It took us some hunting to secure decent Belt moldings on a current Post Project as NO One re-pops them.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 CHANGE BOOKLET (2).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	99777   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOBs 66 BODY 6.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	99785   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOBs 66 BODY 4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	99793  

GTO Jr. - A.K.A. SPRINT 6
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 07:58 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
The anodized alum belt moldings shouldn't be on a 233 series (Tempest). They were a LeMans/GTO standard content trim feature. Have pulled many belt moldings, very time consuming process.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the info. For those that search this up in the future. Pinion head and GTOJUNIOR are correct. Ames has looked into this for me and the Tempest did not come with the door reveal molding only a weatherstripping with a bead. Ames now carries it for the sports coupe part number F227CC . Only the LeMans and GTO had them and they are different for all 3 (convertible, hard top and sport coupe). I saw on line one of the parts suppliers said theirs could be modified from hardtop molding to coupe. ( i have been searching and cant find which one it was though).
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Not dealing with many Tempest I thought all models had the Belt-Line and just not the Upper Frame Decor Moldings.
Seems odd you could order the Decor but not the belt on Tempest?? Leave it to Pontiac

GTO Jr. - A.K.A. SPRINT 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Complete Exterior Body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in