Front right wheel has the shakes - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front right wheel has the shakes

Hello fellow forum member, I have a 1974 GTO I bought from an older gentleman for around 3k. She is near perfect condition wise which was difficult to find for Pennsylvania. Well I moved to NC recently and had it flat bedded down and while I never took her on the highway much I know it never shook at 55. I knew the front two tires needed balanced so I took it in. well long story short the guy said there's wobble on the right sides rim when he put it on the machine. Could my rim have been damaged during transport? it kills me not to drive my car, especially now that I can do it year round basically. It's the right side that shakes with a little steering wheel play it seems. Any opinions would be great. He said my rim looks like it bent slightly by the way it behaved on the machine, I was quoted 125 by another shop on the phone to fix it but I just don't want to drive it out if it isn't safe to. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If he said it is bent, it probably is. You can have a rim repair guy take a look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in