Rally II Wheel Decoding - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rally II Wheel Decoding

Newbee Here....

I will be selling my rally II wheels on ebay shortly. I replaced these with Cragers years ago.

Can someone please decifer these codes for me so I can list them correctly?:

- Three of the wheels have these:
D 888 15X7 JJ MADE IN CANADA M53 (on inside of rim)
J 2 14 3 (by valve stem)

- The fourth wheel:
F 253 C 888 15X7 JJ MADE IN CANADA M53
M 3 12 HM

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks...
solsticegto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
 
FNG69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can tell you they are not GTO, so must be Trans Am. The valve stem #s are the date codes like on a 69 Judge would read 11 - 14 JA meaning Nov of 68 on the 14th.......
FNG69 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator
 
05GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Deliverance, GA
Posts: 5,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG69 View Post
Can tell you they are not GTO, so must be Trans Am. The valve stem #s are the date codes like on a 69 Judge would read 11 - 14 JA meaning Nov of 68 on the 14th.......


More than likely 73 firebird wheels, here are the 15x7 applications;

15x7 Rally II 4.75" JW KR (GM) 485454

70-72 Firebird
73 Firebird "KR"
72 Grand Prix
71-72 Tempest

15x7 Rally II 4.75" HF HM HW JJ (GM) 525710

73 Firebird "HM"
74-81 Firebird
73-77 Grand Prix
73-77 Le Mans
77 Pontiac w/ 4.75" B.C.
80 Pontiac w/ 4.75" B.C.

Randy


05GTO is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTO View Post


More than likely 73 firebird wheels, here are the 15x7 applications;

15x7 Rally II 4.75" JW KR (GM) 485454

70-72 Firebird
73 Firebird "KR"
72 Grand Prix
71-72 Tempest

15x7 Rally II 4.75" HF HM HW JJ (GM) 525710

73 Firebird "HM"
74-81 Firebird
73-77 Grand Prix
73-77 Le Mans
77 Pontiac w/ 4.75" B.C.
80 Pontiac w/ 4.75" B.C.
Thank you guys for the information that you provided. It is appreciated...
solsticegto is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM
 
FNG69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any one looking for GTO codes this should Help!!!!!!!!!!!!......Les


Wheel codes GTO, Lemans Tempest

1967 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for disc JC for Drum Cars no date codes

1968 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for disc JC for Drum Cars no date codes

1969 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for all

1970 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JL or JT

1971 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 KU or 15x7 JW or KR

1972 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 KT or 14x7 KS or 15x7 KR

1973 GTO Lemans Tempest 15x7 KR or HM

1974 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 HN
FNG69 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fng69 View Post
any one looking for gto codes this should help!!!!!!!!!!!!......les


wheel codes gto, lemans tempest

1967 gto lemans tempest 14x6 ja for disc jc for drum cars no date codes

1968 gto lemans tempest 14x6 ja for disc jc for drum cars no date codes

1969 gto lemans tempest 14x6 ja for all

1970 gto lemans tempest 14x6 jl or jt

1971 gto lemans tempest 14x6 ku or 15x7 jw or kr

1972 gto lemans tempest 14x6 kt or 14x7 ks or 15x7 kr

1973 gto lemans tempest 15x7 kr or hm

1974 gto lemans tempest 14x6 hn
wow! Thanks loads, f69.....
solsticegto is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG69 View Post
Any one looking for GTO codes this should Help!!!!!!!!!!!!......Les


Wheel codes GTO, Lemans Tempest

1967 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for disc JC for Drum Cars no date codes

1968 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for disc JC for Drum Cars no date codes

1969 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JA for all

1970 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 JL or JT

1971 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 KU or 15x7 JW or KR

1972 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 KT or 14x7 KS or 15x7 KR

1973 GTO Lemans Tempest 15x7 KR or HM

1974 GTO Lemans Tempest 14x6 HN
Hey, F69, I just realized that the codes you have shown are located on the inside of the wheel where the tire mounts onto. Do you have any codes for the outside of the wheel where the valve stem is?

My wheel shows M5 1 4 22 KU. Any ideas?? Thanks!!
solsticegto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking For Rally Ii Wheel Advice 151007 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Wheels & Tires 4 08-11-2009 03:00 PM
Rally II wheel color xcmac26 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Wheels & Tires 4 08-05-2009 08:11 PM
Classic rally wheel look??? Poke GTO 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion 8 07-09-2007 09:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome