User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
68 Center Dash AC Vent

Hey all!

I'm the parts guy for Straight Edge Auto Restoration in Saint Anthony Idaho. We're working on finishing up a 1968 GTO. It just needs an alignment and some interior stuff and it's done! One thing that's holding us up is the center dash AC components. This car didn't originally have AC, but our customer wanted us to add it. The only thing that's reproduced is the vent itself, but not any of the ducts or the frames and hardware to hold the vent in. We've rounded up pretty much everything from various places, but we can't find the frame that the vent mounts into on the center dash vent. Here's a schematic of it all. We're looking for part 19 in the middle of the picture. If any of you knew where we could find one to purchase that'd be great. Bare minimum we'd use some pictures. I also have experience with Solidworks and 3d modeling and would be willing to draw one up and 3d print it if I had one I could borrow for a week or so. If anyone has anything to this nature, that'd be great! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightedge View Post
Hey all!

I'm the parts guy for Straight Edge Auto Restoration in Saint Anthony Idaho. We're working on finishing up a 1968 GTO. It just needs an alignment and some interior stuff and it's done! One thing that's holding us up is the center dash AC components. This car didn't originally have AC, but our customer wanted us to add it. The only thing that's reproduced is the vent itself, but not any of the ducts or the frames and hardware to hold the vent in. We've rounded up pretty much everything from various places, but we can't find the frame that the vent mounts into on the center dash vent. Here's a schematic of it all. We're looking for part 19 in the middle of the picture. If any of you knew where we could find one to purchase that'd be great. Bare minimum we'd use some pictures. I also have experience with Solidworks and 3d modeling and would be willing to draw one up and 3d print it if I had one I could borrow for a week or so. If anyone has anything to this nature, that'd be great! Thanks!

Hi there - I am looking for the same part for a 1969 GTO (Part # 9796881). Attached is what it is supposed to look like. I found a couple of used ones that were in really poor shape. Please let me know if you find one of these, and I will do the same. Good luck!

Wick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Center AC Vent Adapter.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	117065  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

https://www.chicagomusclecarparts.co...ent-frame-used

There's no picture, but this seems like it could be it. We've bought many parts from these guys and they're usually pretty good to work with. Maybe just give them a call and see what you can find out?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
its a '68 only part .....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 03:58 AM

68 GTO Cowling Sensor

Hello, I have a question. I have a 68 with air also and there is supposed to be some type of sensor on top of the cowling on the right side. I need to get one and I do not know what it is called or where to get one. I have called OPGI and some other Pontiac part places and it seems no one knows what I am talking about, so if anyone knows what it is or if you know where I can get one it would be of great help. Thanks, D-ville 68 GTO
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ville 68 GTO View Post
Hello, I have a question. I have a 68 with air also and there is supposed to be some type of sensor on top of the cowling on the right side. I need to get one and I do not know what it is called or where to get one. I have called OPGI and some other Pontiac part places and it seems no one knows what I am talking about, so if anyone knows what it is or if you know where I can get one it would be of great help. Thanks, D-ville 68 GTO
I checked by 1968 wiring booklet. Has a full schematic for A/C. Do not see any sensor. It's a mystery.

DK

<)))>><

"Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." - Saint Augustine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Convertible Top, Interior, Glass and Trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in