68 GTO Convertible Boot Install - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
68 GTO Convertible Boot Install

I just purchased a 68 GTO convertible and it came with a parade boot.

I cannot figure out how to attach this boot yet.

How does the boot attach at the front of the boot (top of the back seat). It appears that this does not have snaps or anything that will secure this. My concern is that wind will lift up the boot.

I am really looking to see if there is a video of how to put the boot on.
Close up pictures of how this attaches out there?

The boot did not come with any clips, so I need to purchase those Not sure what which clips come with which top.

Basically, I am looking for some help with all parts of getting a boot on the new ride.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
those without rivets will have a plastic edge that slides under the pinch weld moulding
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There should be a track behind the back seat where the front edge of the boot slides in. If it were a boat I would call it the "bolt rope", it is a small piece of cord sewed into the front edge that fits in the channel and holds the entire front down. If the track is missing you'll have to start the junkyard/swap meet game to find it. It is similar to other extrusions I've seen for boat cushions.

The boot doesn't come out of the track too easily so I usually leave it attached and fold the boot to fit in the space left by the top (if i put it up.) I usually roll without because of the pain of swapping it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Convertible Top, Interior, Glass and Trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in