Back seat cardboard template? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Back seat cardboard template?

Is there such a thing? For my '67 GTO I need the cardboard liner that goes behind the back seat upright. Ames has them, but due to size I would guess shipping is crazy. Does anyone sell a paper template I could use to cut it out of heavy cardboard or a similar material?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Most of the major Pontiac Resto parts suppliers should have the Trunk Divider Panel as its known.
It basically is a HD cardboard panel that goes in before the rear seat and hangs on the hooks.
This is to cover the area open at the body bracing so from the trunk you can't see the back of seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRUNK RODS 66.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	84857  

GTO Jr. - A.K.A. SPRINT 6
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOJUNIOR View Post
Most of the major Pontiac Resto parts suppliers should have the Trunk Divider Panel as its known.
It basically is a HD cardboard panel that goes in before the rear seat and hangs on the hooks.
This is to cover the area open at the body bracing so from the trunk you can't see the back of seat.
Thanks GTO Jr!, yeah, I know I can buy one from Ames, but it seems like shipping would be more than the part is worth. I was looking for a paper template (foldable) that I could use to trace on some heavy board at home.....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
All the resto places that sell these charge oversize shipping so yes the shipping is more than the part, but you know it will fit. Some places on E-Bay offer free shipping but is built in the priceólike $45+.

No one makes a paper template, no call for it. Make your own by using rosin paper or sheets of newspaper taped together bigger than the back area, hang it on the hooks and then trim the paper till it fits, covers the opening, and clears the wheel well housings. OR just measure the width across the top and the height to cover the opening and cut a piece of cardboard that size. Hang it on the hooks then trim to fit as needed. The fit and cuts donít have to be exact, all your trying to do is cover the opening. Maybe the one from Ames is sounding better
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Convertible Top, Interior, Glass and Trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in