User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
New Floor Pan ??s

I believe it would be easier to replace the whole pan rather than pieces but need to know if the whole pan includes the braces built into it or not. I think that some of my body bolt braces are so rusty that they would be unusable and if the new pan already has them, it would eliminate that problem. Agree? Also does the pan go all the way out to the door sills or do I need to get the inner /outer rocker panels? I want to get my order right before I start.

One more question. Most trunk pans don't go all the way to the piece that covers the differential, what ever that area is called. Can anyone tell me where I could just get this flat piece of trunk floor area? The hole is only on one side. The rest is very good condition. I could make it up in sheet metal if needed. Taking that first step is the hardest LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stich View Post
does the pan go all the way out to the door sills or do I need to get the inner /outer rocker panels?

Can anyone tell me where I could just get this flat piece of trunk floor area? The hole is only on one side. The rest is very good condition. I could make it up in sheet metal if needed.
1. The pieces the pan includes depends on the Manufacturer. There are several pans to choose from. You're best bet is to call AMD and see what they can do for you.

2. No, you can't get the part of the trunk you want in a reproduction part. You might be able to find one from a recycler such as AzChevs.com. Or just patch it with sheetmetal.

"Honest Honey, it just kinda followed me home, can I keep it?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Convertible Top, Interior, Glass and Trunk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in