04' Goat vs. S-281 Saleen - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
04' Goat vs. S-281 Saleen

Last night my wife and I were headed down Miliken ave. in Ontario at about 12:30am. I get this S-281 Saleen Mustang pacing me and he keeps looking over. So we get to Van Buren (it's a double lane left) we are almost stopped when the light turns green. He keeps it 1st gear, I knew exactly what he was up to.
As soon as we straightened out we both jumped on it. I got my nose out front due to his loss of traction. By second gear I realized it was supercharged, I could here that supercharger whiz up hard in second. Now well into second I'm starting to pull. For a brief moment when I hit 3rd I stopped pulling, but resumed pulling once the r's came up. By 110 mph I had at least 2 cars on him. I honestly thought I was gonna lose that one........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2005, 07:39 PM

Nice Kill. The word on the street will be out before too long about this new Goat.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Awesome kill, I have been waiting to race one of those.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

bluegto04,
With a 6m you would put more of a hurtin on that Saleen then I did......
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegto04
Awesome kill, I have been waiting to race one of those.
I've been hunting for one of those myself, although I hear one of the '05 Saleen models is pushing 500HP. Don't know how to tell the difference yet.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancruz
Last night my wife and I were headed down Miliken ave. in Ontario at about 12:30am. I get this S-281 Saleen Mustang pacing me and he keeps looking over. So we get to Van Buren (it's a double lane left) we are almost stopped when the light turns green. He keeps it 1st gear, I knew exactly what he was up to.
As soon as we straightened out we both jumped on it. I got my nose out front due to his loss of traction. By second gear I realized it was supercharged, I could here that supercharger whiz up hard in second. Now well into second I'm starting to pull. For a brief moment when I hit 3rd I stopped pulling, but resumed pulling once the r's came up. By 110 mph I had at least 2 cars on him. I honestly thought I was gonna lose that one........
Must have been a bad driver The Saleen should have taken you, but a kill is a kill

Last edited by Jester; 03-16-2005 at 02:33 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Must have been a bad driver The Saleen should have taken you, but a kill is a kill

After doing some research I found that in most cases the 99-2004 S-281 SC is no faster then a good running Mach 1 or in some cases not as fast. This makes sense seeing on how I am able to take my buddys 04' Cobra from 0-80mph by a full car length every time (At no time is he pulling me til 3rd gear). But when he hits third gear it's all over. The S-281 SC has know where near the top end ability of the 04' Cobra. I've driven 4 Mach 1's, 3 5spd's and one 4A. One Black 04' Mach 1 5spd with 4000 miles I drove was freakishly fast. (I was going to buy one before I got my goat except I didn't feel like shifting, the 4A Mach didn't have the punch like the 4A Goat). It had way more power then traction and in my opinion would easily have smoked that saleen and probably me along with it. I guess my point is the 2v 4.6 S/C motor isn't all that strong.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2005, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
There is a local gathering in my area every Saturday night and somethimes a guy with a Saleen Mustang shows up. He only puts out 360 Flywheel horsepower, which in not a lot for a supercharged V8. I am sure Steve Saleen builds more powerful Mustangs, but I have not seen one. I believe I can beat a Saleen Mustang with only 360 supercharged flywheel horsepower.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:19 PM

ok, this is my first post and it's not going to be good. I'm an importer but have v8 in my blood, I'll buy a GTO as soon as I get a chance.. and I'm no troll. just my 2c. When an importer brags about beating a GTO by a car length, people here call a bluff. which is very much ok if the importer doesn't give enough detail on engine mods. but here's what i'm saying. YOur telling me that you pulled 2 cars on this saleen at third gear or even fourth, in this race? I have to say bull****, but it could happen. saleen driver is a retard and doesn't know how to drive, or you have alot more mods than you say. but 2 cars to me is hard for me to believe and I lean no one way or the other on the 2 cars. I would rather have the GTO. BUT have seen the saleen in action.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:11 AM

We put the hurt on one when the 05 was stock. My wife was driving..funny thing was before they ran the stang guy said "You sure you wanna do this?" Well she ripped him a good 3-4 car lengths from 10-90mph. He was cool about it though and was like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in