05 GTO auto vs 05 c6 auto. Verdict in...... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
05 GTO auto vs 05 c6 auto. Verdict in......

Well, the verdict is finally in. I have a 2005 GTO auto and raced my buddies 05 c6 auto with the performance gear and 1.85 roller rockers. We raced several times from rolls and twice from a dead stop. From a dead stop it was almost pointless because I could get absolutely no traction both times we raced out of the whole. It was at night and here in Michigan the temps dropped into the 40ís, so my car had a hard time hooking, He seemed to hook up good every time with very little wheel spin. Next we went from a 25 roll and it was very close, but he had the slight edge and started to pull on me very slowly. I was also out of my RPM range and would have probably done better from a 30 due to my cars gearing. We then went from a 50 roll a few times and were about dead even every time, but I know this was not his best RPM range either. I guess the only true race is from a dead stop anyways, but Iíll need some drag radials before I attempt that again. I would say all in all he has a couple of MPH more than me, but thatís not bad for a car that weighs almost 500 pounds more. I have to wonder how things would have been without his rockers, but I guess Iíll never know. I have to laugh because some guy on the corvette forum said he drove one of the new 05 GTOís and said it was a complete DOG. I donít know what he was comparing it to. I hate to break it to him, but I have owned several c5ís and my 05 GTO would have beat every one of mine that was an AUTO stock for stock and gave my M6 a run for its money. Now I know that the c6ís in sticks are rated as being faster, especially from a roll, but this post is not for me to make a claim that the 05 GTO is faster or as fast as the c6, I am simple giving feed back from a race I had last night. Iíll be get my Nitto drags this week and we are both heading to the track on the 21st, so I will post my times and let you all know how things went. I am planning to at least break into the 12s with the drags at around 108-109, but I guess Iíll have to cross my fingers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know what you mean, i was behind a c5 getting ready to pass him then he jumped on it, i dropped to 4th then hit it he was about 2-3 cars ahead of me then i started to real him in, i got to his bumper then he hit his brakes, and i flew past him. i slowed to see if he wanted to go again, he just look at me with this dumb look on his face , he didn't want to got so i pulled away from him laughing. had we started together (speed was about 70) i would have walked away from him with no problem.....by the way the c5 looked bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in