05 Viper Meets 2 High Powered Goats . . . - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Doc GTO
05 Viper Meets 2 High Powered Goats . . .

Well, let me start by saying that we (Dbluegoat and I) were not MMOB as we cruised around a bit checking out the car selection tonight. We met for dinner with another buddy (riding shotgun for me) and then went out for a cruise. We were heading out towards the "ricer" hangout and as we pass the parking lot my buddy sees HIDs that belong to a new black/silver strip Viper RT/10 with a hardtop. As we cruise Dblue pulls to my left and asks if I just saw the Viper and I told him yep. Well, the Viper pulls out behind us so we seperate and take the very left and very lane and leave the middle open for him. We are both ready at 40 mph (and yes, my nitrous IS armed) and as he gets to our rear bumpers he hits it! We respond and for a second the Viper pulls to mid doors but as I hit 3rd Dblue and I start to pull him and at the top of 3rd we all back out due to a stoplight comming up. At the light Dblue tells the 50ish looking guy "nice car" and he just nods his head. We all leave easy and he is heading out of the city limits to the boonies so we follow expecting to have another race. Nope. For 3-4 miles the guys just cruises along at 60mph on this 3 lane. I called Jason (Dblue) and told him if he doesn't make a move at the next light then we will return to the city. Next light nothing so we go to make a u-turn at the median and stop and talk a bit. Dblue, just before we went to turn, flased his highbeams a few times to let the guy know "good race" and the Viper's brake lights came on. Jason says "I think he's turning around!" I told him if he does then maybe he'll race this time.

Low and behold, he did turn so we take off and ready ourselves on the outter lanes at 40 and wait. The Viper slowly pulls up between us and as we all cruise 40 Jason starts the 3 honks and on the 1st honk the Viper goes!!! I immediately hit it but the Viper has 3/4 car and on my 2-3 shift the Viper gets another 1/4 . . . I wined out 3rd and I start to creep forward to his rear 1/4 panel and hit 4th and creep to his passanger door and then Viper brake lights . . . . He backs out as I started to pull on him. Granted, it was a steady creep but I got back almost 3/4 car on him before he backed out. Where's Dblue during this? He wasn't ready when the Viper jumped the gun and didn't have the tranny in 2nd so he just followed and watched our race.

It was awsome! The Viper turned off and we met at the Pontiac dealership to talk about the race. We finally got to race something exotic and actually do well, twice!

Doc

FMS F10-12 Cam / K&N CAI / P&P TB / JBA headers / RT HF Cats / SLP LM2 / 100 dry shot / Formato Tuned
466/623 on bottle
11.6 at 121 with 1.79 60ft.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:07 AM
big_mike

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
excellent! apparently that guy didnt know street racer etiquette.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_mike
excellent! apparently that guy didnt know street racer etiquette.
Nope. I would have liked to get a nose on him before letting out so he KNEW he got punked but he let out as soon as I started to pull to his door . . .

Doc

FMS F10-12 Cam / K&N CAI / P&P TB / JBA headers / RT HF Cats / SLP LM2 / 100 dry shot / Formato Tuned
466/623 on bottle

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Nope. I would have liked to get a nose on him before letting out so he KNEW he got punked but he let out as soon as I started to pull to his door . . .

He knew, trust me he knew. Nice kill!!!!!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
big_mike

he jumped like a wuss cuz if he knew he went heads up, he would have gotten owned !!!!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

guess so!

Doc

466/623 on bottle

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Sweet kill Doc!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:47 AM
big_mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
guess so!
maybe you will have your rematch and if so, jump HIM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:53 AM

damn good run. You have a fast car sir. I would have enjoyed the good looking tail lights on that one.

Give it up for bone stock. WHOO HOO!!!!!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 AM
big_mike

bone stock? drink more of that coffee Big E. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in