05 vs 86 built stang - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
05 vs 86 built stang

2 races, one from a stop the other from a 2nd gear roll.

From a stop I got raped pretty good, he's got tires (555 R's) so thats part of the reason, the other was I had 43 psi in the rear tires and did not know it. I could not hook up untill about 1/4 of the way into 2nd gear. Now I have 35 psi in the rear and im hoping this helps. Also I'm not used to it yet and i got a tone of wheelspin.

From a 2nd gear roll I thought I was going to get him but I was wrong, I got the hit and pulled about 1/2 right away then he down shifted to 2nd and walked on by untill about 90 when he had me by 2 car lenghts. I gave him the thumbs up and he was shaking his fist in joy.

I gave him a ride im my car before we raced and he had his doubts all motor vs all motor. He does have spray and i don't even want to think of what it would of been like if he used it. Right now he has a 100 shot, but it's all ready for the 250 plate, just needs to be retuned..
When im at 3000 miles I will rerace him both from a stop and roll just to see what happens with my fully broken LS2.
All done in safe place. Just wanted to see where I was at, before I can really get on it after it's broken in.

I think the stang was dynoed at 403 to the rear wheels and it's gutted so yeah, but that was a while ago and it's not running all that great. It needs to be tuned very badly, but it's a sick car at that.
Also up at union grove he was running low ~13's at 110mph with a real crappy 60' time. So I can see where he has the edge for now but in 2700 miles we will see. It'll be a nice race, I'll get this one on tape. Then we are going to do a run with the no2 and I'm prob going to get raped but all in good fun

Last edited by 05GTOM6; 07-04-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in