06' A4 vs. Supercharged Escalade EXT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
06' A4 vs. Supercharged Escalade EXT

So, I'm kind of on an ego trip at the moment> This imo is the coolest thing I've dominated since the Lamborghini (lol, j/k the lambo kicked my butt).

Anyhow, got out of class, tracked down the guy with the srt8 cherokee and left a note for him to get at me when he got out of class. I was bummed out because he didn't get back with me and I was in the mood to race, even though it was sprinkling out.

I was driving down mainstreet here in town and I see a "pimped" out late model Escalade behind me. Chrome grill, headlight covers, tint, rims, etc... I figure it's a frat boy and just leave it alone. This thing flys by *WHIIIIIIRRRRRRRR* haha. So at this point, it's on.. We catch a light, I turn the trac control off and ease into it as it turns green. I can hear him roasting his tires but he is still side by side with me. About when the goat shifted into second gear, it chriped em' and pulled away steadily... about a solid car length as we reach 70mph.

The guy rolls his window down, ends up being and older guy and I ask him to pull over so we can chat. Turns out he owns one of the muffler shops in town and is a die hard gear head. He tells me it's an 04' with a whipple blower. Not the standard pulley however, I think he said it was a 3 1/4" pushing 9lbs of boost. He said the same set up was on an 05' Denali with nitrous and he sold that for the EXT (He said the Denali was around a 12.7 quarter). We chat a little more and he tells me he has been experimenting with gas to reduce his spark knock. Apparently the best cocktail for the blown EXT is 75% 93 oct (they don't sell 94 here) and 25% E85. (Which is what he had at the moment).

Anyhow, we did a few runs from a roll, a couple around 20-25mph, where he got the jump due to the A4 handicap, but I still pulled on him. from about 30-35mph it hit 1st, spun like a mother but still stayed even with him for a few seconds, then pulled away.
From a dig, I did a little powerbrake, turned off trac control and same results twice, pulled on him by about 2 lengths the first time and then about 3 lengths the next.
At that point, he says "I need to put this on the bottle" " We better get out of here before the cops come" lol and he takes off.

Finally a good freaking race.... Nothing but rice rockets and fox bodies ever want to run me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and the goat is stock other than converter and resonator delete, with an X pipe. With 1/2 tank 94/89 octane mix. Also with thinner tires on the rear, (cooper zeon 225/40 18).

.... Still waiting on that Cherokee
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Nice kill. It's cool when you can talk to new people like that. He may look you up after he adds the spray.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Nice run for both of yous it always fun to have one of those races.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Nice yarn you weave and a respectable race. EXT’s are heavy, pushing 6,000 Lbs., but with a SC it’s somewhat of a driver’s race… Nice execution…cheers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=LS2Monaro;163003] even though it was sprinkling out.

You dodged a bullet. I hydroplaned at 65 mph across interstate 10 this past January, doing a 180 and sliding backwards down the interstate before coming to a stop. Quite a terrifying experience considering it was just "misting" out and I was only casually driving home from work, racing being the farthest from my mind. FYI, happened to me with the junk 18" overpriced OEM Bridgestone Potenzas.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=dustyminpin;163024]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2Monaro View Post
even though it was sprinkling out.

You dodged a bullet. I hydroplaned at 65 mph across interstate 10 this past January, doing a 180 and sliding backwards down the interstate before coming to a stop. Quite a terrifying experience considering it was just "misting" out and I was only casually driving home from work, racing being the farthest from my mind. FYI, happened to me with the junk 18" overpriced OEM Bridgestone Potenzas.
lol, ok so there were... maybe 10 droplets on my windhshield, lol... the goat definitely has hydroplaned on me pretty bad before, with the potenzas as well,
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2Monaro View Post
Finally a good freaking race.... Nothing but rice rockets and fox bodies ever want to run me.
nice race it sounds like. so, you are telling me you never have any good runs with fox body mustangs? too fast or not enough mods?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
nice race it sounds like. so, you are telling me you never have any good runs with fox body mustangs? too fast or not enough mods?
haha, I see you have one in your sig. so I'll be nice.... umm, for the most part none that are much competition. The fastest one near me I use to mess with in my old grand prix gtp (lightly modded)... Aside from that,.... they are everywhere and I usually just don't care.

The way they look makes me gag.. no offense. The headlights look like they came off a volvo wagon straight out of the late 70's. *vomits*
It's like the entry level, poor man's "I think I have a hot rod". Granted some are definitely wayyyyyy fast. I just prefer not to waste my gas? Unless they pose a real threat of course, haha Hope that wasn't too harsh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in