06 GTO M6 vs 5th Gen Mustang GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
06 GTO M6 vs 5th Gen Mustang GT

Disclaimer: All vehicles, persons, places and times mentioned in this story are fictitious. Any similarities with real events are purely coincidental, and do not imply illegal road activities have actually occurred, to include street racing. By reading this disclaimer, you agree not hold the author liable for any content contained herein, to include, images, videos, sound clips, text, or other information linked to from this web page.

So I was out cruising the highway for fun just MMOB decelerating from about 140 or so in neutral just chilling slowing down. When up in the distance I see some Mustang Taillights... I continue coasting down to around 70. Got up next to the Mustang and saw the light reflect off that GT symbol... and I knew it was on.

At this point Im still in neutral so I rev up to around 4k and go into third... and just chill next to the GT for a second waiting for him to make the first move. He punched it and I did too a split second after him. He had about 1/4 a car length on me when he first hit the pedal but because I started the race in 3rd at around 4k instead of 4th around 3k I already pulled up even with him... hit 4th and just kept trucking past him like it was nothing... I kept on it in 4th all the way up to 5th. I had atleast 3 car lengths on him easily at this point. But right when I went to shift into 5th he gave up. I watched him fade away into the blackness looking at the ass end of the GOAT!

It was a pull from around 65 up to 130 140.... my second kill... I love smoking the ****stangs. Theres so many mustangs on the streets now days its rediculous...

I had raced a 4th gen mustang gt from a dig up to about 100 when I first got my car but I didnt have my shifter installed yet and I was still very new to the whole manual transmission. Even though I still got about 2 car lengths on him before he gave up...

2006 Pontiac GTO (1 of 277)
M6 T-56, 17" Stock Rims
IBM on Black Leather
360RWHP/350RWTQ

~Mod List~

GMM Rip Shifter Sport w/CobraBob's Shifter Gaskets
Vararam OTRCAI
(Poolshark's) DIY Port & Polished Stock TB and Intake Manifold

Last edited by Poolshark1321; 08-01-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark1321 View Post
Disclaimer: All vehicles, persons, places and times mentioned in this story are fictionous. Any similarities with real events are purely coincidental, and do not imply illegal road activities have actually occured, to include street racing. By reading this disclaimer, you agree not hold the author liable for any content contained herein, to include, images, videos, sound clips, text, or other information linked to from this webpage.

So I was out cruising the highway for fun just MMOB decelerating from about 140 or so in neutral just chilling slowing down. When up in the distance I see some Mustang Taillights... I continue coasting down to around 70. Got up next to the Mustang and saw the light reflect off that GT symbol... and I knew it was on.

At this point Im still in neutral so I rev up to around 4k and go into third... and just chill next to the GT for a second waiting for him to make the first move. He punched it and I did too a split second after him. He had about 1/4 a car length on me when he first hit the pedal but because I started the race in 3rd at around 4k instead of 4th around 3k I already pulled up even with him... hit 4th and just kept trucking past him like it was nothing... I kept on it in 4th all the way up to 5th. I had atleast 3 car lengths on him easily at this point. But right when I went to shift into 5th he gave up. I watched him fade away into the blackness looking at the ass end of the GOAT!

It was a pull from around 65 up to 130 140.... my second kill... I love smoking the ****stangs. Theres so many mustangs on the streets now days its rediculous...

I had raced a 4th gen mustang gt from a dig up to about 100 when I first got my car but I didnt have my shifter installed yet and I was still very new to the whole manual transmission. Even though I still got about 2 car lengths on him before he gave up...
First of all, what kind of an idiot cruises the highway at 140mph. Secondly, you say the Mustang got a 1/4 car length on you cause you started in 3rd instead of 4th. Sorry but if you started in 4th, he would of had a bigger lead on you than that. Nice kill, I guess.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM

Good thing this is a "fictionous" story.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
Good thing this is a "fictionous" story.
Didnt notice that =P I copied that Disclaimer from a sticky on LS1GTO.com guess someone else couldnt spell and I didnt notice it big whooop.

Secondly the highway was totally clear and I wanted to see what the Speed Limiter was set at... apparently its at about 160.

Quote:
First of all, what kind of an idiot cruises the highway at 140mph. Secondly, you say the Mustang got a 1/4 car length on you cause you started in 3rd instead of 4th. Sorry but if you started in 4th, he would of had a bigger lead on you than that. Nice kill, I guess.
Today 04:27 AM
Its not like I was CRUISING at 140 the whole time I was on the highway... I did one test to check the speed limiter and was decelerating and happened to see the mustang... other then that time I was just cruising at around 70-80.

No I didnt say the mustang got a 1/4 length on me "BECAUSE" I started in 3rd. The Mustang got a 1/4 length on me because there was no horn action and I wasnt sure if he even wanted to race until he mashed the gas... and I was already in 3rd next to him at this point so I hit it too a split second after he did thus giving him a slight lead that he had for less then 3 sec cause 3rd pulls hard at 4k+

I was just stating the fact that I was in 3rd gear when the race started thus making it very easy to pull up even with him in the couple seconds before I hit 4th... once in 4th I just blew past him and continued up to 5th... he gave up and fell back into the darkness right before I went to shift into 5th.

I just wanted to express the fun I had on my first roll race and figured Ide post it here and LS1GTO.com cause I also love to read about other peoples kills.

M6 T-56, 17" Stock Rims
IBM on Black Leather
360RWHP/350RWTQ

~Mod List~

Vararam OTRCAI
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 08:53 PM

I'm not giving you a hard time about the run.

Nice kill.

I was just poking fun at the fictionous.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Thx run was a blast!

Sorry about that I jumped to conclusions... and assumed you were ragging on me for bad spelling =P even though I didnt write it.

Although I did read it and didnt notice that ...

M6 T-56, 17" Stock Rims
IBM on Black Leather
360RWHP/350RWTQ

~Mod List~

Vararam OTRCAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in