06 modded Goat vs. 04 stock Goat vs. Nissan 240 SX turbocharged - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
06 modded Goat vs. 04 stock Goat vs. Nissan 240 SX turbocharged

A friend of mine that I met on on the forum here invited me to go to a cruise in on Friday. He's got an 04 impulse blue a4 gto with blue leather just like my 06. He's got a K&N cai and the rest is stock. I got a K&N cai, Kooks Signature Series long tube headers with Kooks high flow catted connecting pipes, Borla exhaust, and a custom tune. We knew I was faster but we went out and ran a few times just to see how well he could keep up. One of his buddies showed up with a Nissan 240 SX with a big turbo on it that was faster then him and wanted to see how he'd run against me.

The 3 of us went back out and got onto a nice 3 lane stretch of interstate and all took off from a 50 mph roll doing the 3 honk thing. I was running in 2nd gear at the time we launched. Those A4's (probably LS2's in general) are devastating from a 50 mph roll. I pulled on him hard at launch, got maybe a car on him off the bat. Everytime he'd shift I'd pull another half car on him and had maybe 2 or a little more on him by the time I hit 80ish. But from 80 on, it was game over. The LS2 kept screaming and punching threw the air till I let off at 140 mph, and he was WAY back.

We went back to the cruise in and he said he was very impressed the way the GTO keeps pulling upwards of 90 mph, where most imports fall on their face because they don't have the torque to plow through the air. That was the first time I'd done the 50 mph roll 3 honk thing. I didn't realize how hard these cars pull from a 50 mph roll in 2nd gear (the A4's anyway). Just wanted to share my experience.

I saw some souped up Mustangs there and a couple Sti's and a souped up WRX I wouldn't mind running. Hopefully next friday they will be out and willing. I can't wait till I get the money saved up to put my Texas Speed cnc ported LS3 heads flowing 349 CFM with hollow stem valves and titanium retainers with the Comp cams LS3 rocker arms in, along with my custom ground Comp cam 228/232 @ 50 with .595 lift and 114+2 LSA, and my LS3 FAST LSXR 102 mm intake manifold. I still gotta buy a torque converter, injectors, and fuel rail kit before I can even start saving up for the 2 grand install and dyno tune. I'll be looking for anything short of a modded Vette after that's all put in. Tuner at the speed shop said I should have around 530 to 550 hp. I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Your story is a little unclear. What happened to the 240?

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

I'm sorry. I beat him as well. He put up a better fight then the 04 GTO, but didn't have the mid to top end to keep up much past 90. In his own words "The car falls on its face when put in 5th gear." Long story short, I won twice. One time they took off and I wasn't ready for them so I let the 04 GTO and the Nissan duke it out and I caught back up to them a mile down the road. Everybody was doing there own honking in that heat, kind of confusing and guess the Nissan in the middle lane took off when the 04 GTO in the right lane took off and I'm sitting in the left lane like WTF?

Hey, while I got your attention, there is a guy who keeps bugging my step daughter and her best friend who has a little Acura with a big turbo running something like 20 pounds of boost. I've never seen the car, but was told it was a small car, like a 2 seater maybe or something? A guy I work with said the car puts down 350ish to the wheels but is light as hell. It's an older car. Nothing new that would turn your head if you saw it drive by. Any idea what this thing might be and how tough of a race it would put up. All I know for sure is that it's a 4 cylinder.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 AM

It doesnt matter that its a 4 cylinder. The 240 you raced was a 4 cylinder with a turbo. The 240 more than likely had an SR-20DET. That is only a 2.0 liter motor. The 240 is much lighter, possibly one of the lighest cars out there... if the car was gutted it could way very close to 2,000 pounds with the driver in it. As for the Acura, the only thing i could thing of, would be the Acura Integra. Which is a piece of Sh!t. i dont think it could push 350 with a large turbo on the motor, unless it was a HUGE turbo. and they are not that light.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

You are right, it is an Integra. I found out today. Had a guy who runs a Volkswagon GTI who knows him send me a text message today at work and said integra. And the dude swears, his friend's car is just about the meanest thing out there... Hope to see on Friday. Good to know more about the Nissan 240. He put up a good fight, didn't blow his doors off by any means, but did flat out beat him in acceleration and dominated in the top end of the run.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Turbo honda and acuras are no joke, my little turbo honda puts out high 200's and will stay door to door with the G8 GXP
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM

Ah, but the $1,000,000 question I want answered is, do motors running more than 6lbs of boost last for 250,000 miles? Any motor...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

I've wondered how long these poor little 4 cylinders getting slammed with 20 pounds of boost would last as well, but haven't been into the racing seen long enough to look at enough cars and see how much mileage they got...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Ah, but the $1,000,000 question I want answered is, do motors running more than 6lbs of boost last for 250,000 miles? Any motor...
Uhhhhh Yeah ??? 6lbs of boost ain't **** NOW 8lbs+....... The better question is

Does the 2.4 L with 15lbs of boost making 500 h.p or the 427(7.0L) LS7 @ 505h.p get better gas millage?

But **** H.p, H.P. sells cars torque or a server lack of weight wins races

ʞuıɥʇ noʎ ʇ,uop 'ǝɹɹɐzıq
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
lol 6 lbs of boost is nothing. i have been told that for each 1lb of boost its equilivant to 10hp (roughly)... 6lbs is a very safe safe safe setup.. most people i know will run anywhere from 10-16lbs of boost on daily driving. now if you have nice setup, you can change the boost setup while driving or stopped at a stop light, if im not mistake, or at least for a 240 i know you can. my buddy has a SRT-4 (yes a gay neon SRT-4) that is PUSHING 21LBS OF BOOST. dont get me wrong, this car is yes very ugly in my opinion, but its insanely fast and will smoke my stock gto all day long.

2 days ago we headed home at the same time and we of course messed around on the high way back home. we started from 60mph at the first launch and i took him all the way, every gear.

THIS WAS ONLY DUE TO A BOOST LEAGUE. (he was running 11lbs of boost due to the boost leak, so he was missing anywhere from 70-100hp) he would of beaten me by a couple car lengths until i caught up to him in the top end.

then we started at 40, cuz thats where all his mid range power is.. again i took him....but only due to the boost leak...

i got lucky... its a great car and with only 11 lbs of boost he was able to keep up with me... 21lbs of boost is a very very very aggresive set up... i dont think his 4 cylinder will last long on that much abuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in