07 Cayman "S" Down For The Count - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
07 Cayman "S" Down For The Count

On my way home about 1/2 hour ago, in 2nd around 2800-RPM. He pulls up to my left, and its on. He stays with me until I pull third and the GOAT is gone. Maybe he got nervous, not sure, don't care. Felt great and he stayed behind me the rest of the way until we hit traffic and he went by with the other cars.. So much bang for the buck with these machines!!!

07 Cayman "S" mid to uper 50K. 295hp, 2954 curb ewight. Forgot to get the torque Info.

Not a bad drive home for PDQ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:58 PM

How you know it was a Caymen S unless you were behind him. J/K

Nice kill, impressive.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 AM

the weekend must have been caymen s weekend. while riding in the 5 point oh i came across a silver one. needless to say i was an easy target for him although he wasn't pulling off from me very fast yet his handling was 1000 times better than mine. i really wished i was in the goat that day. i think i would have tried the low-et way, made up in handling what i had in power.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
the weekend must have been caymen s weekend. while riding in the 5 point oh i came across a silver one. needless to say i was an easy target for him although he wasn't pulling off from me very fast yet his handling was 1000 times better than mine. i really wished i was in the goat that day. i think i would have tried the low-et way, made up in handling what i had in power.
You would have smoked him in your Goat. However, I would not tangle with the S on any turn-type deals, not that stupid but close to it. Honestly, I expected more from the S...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQ GTO View Post
On my way home about 1/2 hour ago, in 2nd around 2800-RPM. He pulls up to my left, and its on. He stays with me until I pull third and the GOAT is gone. Maybe he got nervous, not sure, don't care. Felt great and he stayed behind me the rest of the way until we hit traffic and he went by with the other cars.. So much bang for the buck with these machines!!!

07 Cayman "S" mid to uper 50K. 295hp, 2954 curb ewight. Forgot to get the torque Info.

The Cayman S is a road-course car, not a drag-strip special. But nice kill, anyway.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
The Cayman S is a road-course car, not a drag-strip special. But nice kill, anyway.
You are 100% correct. I only posted because he made the challange and I felt compelled to share.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You are 100% correct. I only posted because he made the challange and I felt compelled to share.
Maybe Cayman didn't know, sometimes we have to just pull away so they get the real picture.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
It may be a road course car but the Goat will get so far ahead on the straights it will not catch you in the turns. My neighbor just bought an 2008 and I look forward to the challenge. His however is not the 'S'. It should be even a bigger kill I would say.

2006 Cyclone M/T..K&N CAI.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 AM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Nice kill PDQ!!!

Quote:

Always nice to here about the kills. Most especially when your "challenged" by a more expensive ride no matter what type it is !!!

The Power of Pontiac!!!!!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan

Last edited by NJG8GT; 03-04-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: add line
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATTEE View Post
It may be a road course car but the Goat will get so far ahead on the straights it will not catch you in the turns. My neighbor just bought an 2008 and I look forward to the challenge. His however is not the 'S'. It should be even a bigger kill I would say.

Please tell me you're not serious. A Cayman S would rape the hell out of a GTO on a roadcourse. And we won't even touch an autocross setup.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in