User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 Gto Automatic Times?

Hello

New to the forum, I read auto's were only 1-2 tenths slower to 60 and in the 1/4 mile. Do most people find that to be true? Around here most "races" are 0-60 or 70 stoplight drags. How well does the auto fair? I ahve a Buick Regal GS 99 worked and runs mid 13's with auto and with G-tech Pro get 5.0-5.3 0-60 runs. With this and my summer tires on, I am nearly King till 65 mph. I would like to still do that without having to heavily mod like the Buick. What do you guys thnki?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESGOAT
Hello

New to the forum, I read auto's were only 1-2 tenths slower to 60 and in the 1/4 mile. Do most people find that to be true? Around here most "races" are 0-60 or 70 stoplight drags. How well does the auto fair? I ahve a Buick Regal GS 99 worked and runs mid 13's with auto and with G-tech Pro get 5.0-5.3 0-60 runs. With this and my summer tires on, I am nearly King till 65 mph. I would like to still do that without having to heavily mod like the Buick. What do you guys thnki?
thanks
you probably wouldn't have to "heavily" mod the gto to do mid 13's. The buick wasn't built to do mid 13's, therefore it was more expensive to do so, i've found if you want a car to go faster, buy a fast car to begin with. Look at all these 2 fags 2 curious cars on the road today, they spend 6 grand on the car used and then dropped another 26 into the mods only to run 13's....y not just drop the 32 grand into a car the stock times are 13's? but yeah, it probably wouldn't cost a whole lot more to get an auto to run mid 13's cuz it's not too far off as it is, maybe a bigger throttle body, mass air flow sensor....if all else fails, drop a nitrous express wet kit into it for a lot faster than mid 13's times
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Found what I have read, just cold weather and good tires....jm

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 AM

Hey guys,
I am running a 13.5 at 104 on my A4. I have JBA shorty headers, RT high flow cats, flowmaster catback, K&N cai and LS1Edit dyno tune. In all it was about $2400. That is all on stock tires. I am getting ready to do a h/c setup with stainless works exhaust within a couple of weeks. So I am hoping for 12s on street tires before I worry about drag radials and then I will see what it can do.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 02:34 PM

auto vs manual

i read somewhere on the internet that the gto auto has faster acceleration than the gto manual. i didn't believe it at first, but i spoke with two different dealers and they both said that it's true. they both said that the automatic transmittion in the gto was built with the mindset that people were buying manual transmittions for acceleration and ruining the clutch.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:57 AM

I know I raced a six speed on the freeway before from a 55mph roll...I won, but that's because they didn't know how to drive a manual...He could've dropped that bitch and kicked my ass if he wanted to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in