2006 v.w. Gti - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2006 v.w. Gti

A guy I used to work with who has a bone stock 2005 A4 GTO got beat pretty bad by a guy I currently work with who has a mildy souped up GTI. It's a stage 2 blah blah blah with upgraded downpipe and whatever wizardry the ricer community uses to make those things go faster. All I know is that it still has the stock turbo in it. I was surprised that they were that fast. They only have like 200 hp stock. I don't know how much the GTI has now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM

I've personally watched a geo metro 3 banger take out a m6 ls1 t/a.

Lesson:

ANYTHING can be made fast.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
A guy I used to work with who has a bone stock 2005 A4 GTO got beat pretty bad by a guy I currently work with who has a mildy souped up GTI. It's a stage 2 blah blah blah with upgraded downpipe and whatever wizardry the ricer community uses to make those things go faster. All I know is that it still has the stock turbo in it. I was surprised that they were that fast. They only have like 200 hp stock. I don't know how much the GTI has now.
wizardry lol. I liked my integra because noone was afraid to race me because it was an integra lol. I think i lost once. This wizardry u speak of consists of ditching the stock aluminum sleeves for steel sleeves, aftermarket rods, pistons, etc upgrading the fuel system and of course a turbo. I love my GTO but at the same time whenver I get hit up im scared for two reasons....one is that it is slower than my old car, and two anyone brave enough to race a GTO knows how fast they are and probably has a good chance to beat it otherwise they would not be trying to race the goat. once i get my cam and tune I will feel a little better about this heavy beast

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 AM

I have a 2007 Stage 2 Gti. A couple of weeks ago I ran into an LS2 GTO on the highway. We messed around for a little from about 65mph and I pulled on him each time. I feel like he was not even racing, or that there was an issue with his car because my car only traps 102-103mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in