User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2008-2009 Dodge Challenger?

I've been reading a little bit about this car. Its way overpriced in my opinion, but I was just wondering how you guys think a 05-06 GTO would stack up it?

LC: 2008 Dodge Challenger (and 2009 Challenger)

Some info about it, only (marked at) 425HP, a lightly modded GTO could match that. And the GTO looks to be a bit lighter.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I think the SRT Challenger is going to be a very nice car with impressive 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers, I would be happy to park one in my garage.

Randy

post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:30 PM

I don't see how you cannot like the styling. One drawback would be if the market becomes saturated as in the new Mustangs. My head stopped turning for them a while ago because they are so common. I still don't like the fact that their mufflers can be seen from the rear like its a Hyundai Elantra- probably just my weird taste.
The color choice has alot to do with it too. That orange packs a wild punch which is why the new Challenger edged out the new Camaro which was shown in silver. One of those MT polls- take it for what it is worth.
I'd like one in black next to my red GTO.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to JerseyGoat
Make mine plum crazy with a flat black hood
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 PM

Not on my purchase list, no $ left after Goat upgrades. I do think the 6.1-H is a nice looking and powerful car. Give it a few months and we will see Charger kills and deaths here in our Forum...
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQ GTO View Post
Not on my purchase list, no $ left after Goat upgrades. I do think the 6.1-H is a nice looking and powerful car. Give it a few months and we will see Charger kills and deaths here in our Forum...
Good, thats what I hope to see

The dealer mark-up on them things is ridiculous. But like my original question states, I want to see how they stack up against the GTO. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 PM

problem is that it will cost 45K
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I think the new Challenger looks sweet, I never was a MOPAR owner, but like the retro look ( Mustang, Challenger). I am sorry if I offend anybody, but, the jelly bean shaped 04-06 GTO was a dissapointment to me. Especially the rear portion...looks like a foreign car to me (then again it is...). GM could easily have created something something as exciting as the Mustang, Challenger or Camaro, but I guess they couldn't be bothered at the time......Wake up GM...dinosaurs like me want thier stuff back..... Texas 103 octane gasoline, and Pennsylvania steel !!!!!!! E the Animal

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 AM

Just looking at the numbers on that website, 0-60 in 4.6sec and a 1/4 of 13 seconds flat. Knowing that these numbers are usually understated, I'd say its gonna be right there with the 05-06 gto. And if the charger and mustang are any indication of looks and performance ratios, I have to say that 99/100 we see on the road are not going to be the SRT-8 models.

As far as "road" racing thats kinda hard to tell as no one really knows how the car handles, I.E. wheel hop, gearing, etc. So without having one to race against I'd say; drivers race? Although the 5 speed auto may be an advantage to them. But with a 45k sticker idk if people will really fork out the cash, I mean a gto similarly equipped for 33k and you can still find them on the lot?

And for those "slightly modded" gtos I'm gonna say GM LS1's take better to bolt ons then MOPAR products. Although I may be wrong...

And if I see one more retro new car on the road I'm gonna cry. If I want an old gto I'd go buy an old gto and drive that. If I wanted an old challenger, well I'll be damned I'd go buy an old challenger. I don't enjoy these "new" renditions of the old.

Thats why I like my goat, and honestly if my car goes unnoticed by the average guy on the street cause of its body styling let him be none the wiser until he sees my tail lights in the distance.

Tim
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I was just at my Dodge dealer getting my Ram serviced and I talked to my sales guy. He tells me.... ALL of the 09's will be automatic transmissions with 6.1L. There is a limited production number and the orders are exceeding the amount being produced for 2009. 2010 models will give you a better selection with manual trannys too he tells me.

He maintains that dealership WILL NOT mark them up. He told me of a few with a 20K stick you charge. The price will be in the low 40's.

I want one pretty bad, however I want a 69-70 Judge, GTO, or well done Judge clone too. My wife isn't on board with me getting both. We'll just see about that......

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-19-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in