LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2nd SL500 kill

I guess some of the guys who drive these SL500s don't know that the straight line performance of their car doesn't compliment the nice, racey looks of the car. This past Saturday, I kinda egged a guy on with a little tap of the throttle at a red light and he bit. When the light changed, for a quick moment, I did see the hood of his car but from the top of first until the shift into third I never saw the Benz until I looked in the rear view mirror. After knowing that he wasn't going to catch up I slowed down to pull into my condo and he flew pass me as he was looking at my goat.

I knew I would take this guy because the first time I ran one I easily walked away from it in my manual '93 Vette as we both punched it from around 75 mph. When I hit 125, I was way ahead of him. After I slowed down to 75 he never drove within a couple of car lengths. I guess his feelings were hurt.

Now if it was one of the Benzos with the AMG package, I know I would have gotten a rude awakening because some of those are pushing as much as 604 hp and running in the high 11s (CL65 AMG). But I knew that the SL500 is only rated at 302 hp and that they're kinda heavy for a small car. Oh well! I guess knowing your competition is half the battle... right! I wonder what the guy was thinking as he saw nothing but the rear end of my Pontiac. To be honest, I'm not sure if he even knew what it was.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice kill, I have driven one of those befor and they are quite nice. If I had the money to burn I would probably opt for the SL600, I love my GTO but there is no compotition there, that thing is a smoker. I have a customer with a 600 and he had me dyno it 450rwhp and 525rwtq, and trough a auto trans was only about 12% drive train loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in