4 car shootout on the interstate - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4 car shootout on the interstate

My wife and I were on our way to work when a prior-retro body style mustang GT (03-04ish) with an aftermarket hood that had a big bulge in the center and vents on the side came driving up behind us. He passed us up in the slow lane and got in front of us but there were too many cars on the bayway to play. When we got in the tunnel he revved his engine up and we heard a loud high pitch wining-shriek. My wife asked me what the sound was. I told her it was a supercharger and that he wanted to play, lol. His license plate said F8LPONY and I wanted to see what he had.

When we got out of the tunnel, the interstate opened up to 4 lanes and I waited for traffic to clear up before we could do anything. My buddy from work came screaming by in his '99 trans am with a Charger RT hot on his tail. The mustang sped up a bit acting like he wanted to catch them but I held my speed and he slowed back down and got beside me. I had ran my buddy's trans am before and already I knew I was faster, it was the mustang I wanted to have a go with.

The interstate was 4 lanes wide with him being in the 2nd lane and my wife and I in the 3rd lane. There was no 3 honking deal, we both just took off at the same time. He pulled a half a car on me immediately. I'm guessing it was due to his 5 speed manny and being in the right gear for the speed he was going. I've got the 4 speed auto and I lost a second while the tranny downshifted from drive to 3rd (I know, I should have already put it in 3rd and waited, I wasn't thinking). Anyways, after he pulled on me, his lead leveled off and then I started to pull on him. By 100, we were door to door and by 140 he was 3 to 4 cars back. I let off and let him catch back up. He gave me the thumbs up, I gave him the peace sign, then locked my brakes up and hit the off ramp so we wouldn't miss our exit for work.

I didn't even realize we blew by my buddy in the trans am. He had slowed up after playing with the Charger and was puttsing along in the far right lane waiting for us to catch up, hoping that the stang and I would be going at it. He said our cars sounded mean as hell as we blew by him, lol.

I got to work and told my Lingenfelter Vette buddy about my kill and he wasn't impressed. He said that stang only had 260 hp from the factory and with a supercharger he was lucky if he was making 400 hp. He said with my MAF, CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust, and dyno tune I'd had better beaten him or I needed to trade my car in. Deflated ego in check, I got to work. At least I can say I beat a supercharged mustang. That was by far, the most I've had to work to beat a Stang yet.

Last edited by dustyminpin; 02-11-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Good kill and story.

To this day I still dun get why anyone that wants American V8 power would even look at Ford or even a Chrysler.

At the end of the day it's all about the LSx.

My Youtube Channel
Supercharged (Roots) 6.0 GTO
Supercharged (Twin Screw) 3.0 NSX
Supercharged (Centrifugal) 4.3 S-10

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM

Good $hit! I hate mustangs with a Passion!!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 AM

I hate em too, good job!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM

Garage
Nice Kill! I seen a quote I liked on my friends FaceBook account..."GT 500, If you're dumb enough to pay $50,000+ for a high 12s car then you deserve to drive a Ford."

2004 M6 Yellow Jacket.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Lmao.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in