Another run that makes me feel slow. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another run that makes me feel slow.

Well I had a chance to run my friends dad's '99 lightning yesterday and once again I am wondering why it feels so slow. I only pulled a car on him from a 20mph-100mph punch. Only a car and a half from a dig. I also fried my clutch on the last run. But still, I was BARELY pulling this thing and it is very close to stock. All it has is a fliter and mufflers, I was expecting at least 3-4 cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I believe that truck is rated at 360 hp and 440 ft. lbs torque, 0-60 time is 5.4,

Good kill!

Randy

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevnR6
Well I had a chance to run my friends dad's '99 lightning yesterday and once again I am wondering why it feels so slow. I only pulled a car on him from a 20mph-100mph punch. Only a car and a half from a dig. I also fried my clutch on the last run. But still, I was BARELY pulling this thing and it is very close to stock. All it has is a fliter and mufflers, I was expecting at least 3-4 cars.
Those lightnings are no slouches, I dont think you did bad. They are weakest from the dig because of their problem hooking up. From a roll of 20 the S/C is crankin and they are already hooked. You did fine. You fried your clutch? As in it is dead? Yoru car is brand new with no mods? You must be slippin the hell out of it.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Ohh its ok now, it just didn't hook at all for that one race. Just slipped to all hell with it let all the way out. Smelled like clutch for a LONG time. I ran it from a couple of stop lights today and it is doing fine though. Ohh well, I have the factory warranty and an aftermarket warranty that should cover it if it goes bad anytime soon. Plus I have a shop that will hook me up.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 10:59 PM

I've run a Lightning from a roll and a dig in my T/A (stock). I did better from a roll, and slowly pulled it. From a dig, He inched ahead, due to me spinning, then held about 3/4 length through 3rd. I think you did fine.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Ohh its ok now, it just didn't hook at all for that one race. Just slipped to all hell with it let all the way out. Smelled like clutch for a LONG time. I ran it from a couple of stop lights today and it is doing fine though. Ohh well, I have the factory warranty and an aftermarket warranty that should cover it if it goes bad anytime soon. Plus I have a shop that will hook me up.
Damn, that thing must have been glowing red! BTW, your manufacturer warranty wont cover a clutch, unfortunatly. They are like brake pads, a wear item not normally covered.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
Damn, that thing must have been glowing red! BTW, your manufacturer warranty wont cover a clutch, unfortunatly. They are like brake pads, a wear item not normally covered.
The aftermarket should, especially since i have a hook up at a warranty shop here.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You did just fine, a Ford lightning is nothing to frown at. They are beasts.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 PM

-RevnR6, How many miles do you have on your car?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

8,500 now. I drive a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in