Anyone run an M3 yet? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone run an M3 yet?

I was on my commute home on Friday when I came up on a new M3 coupe. We were in some traffic, and he pulled behind me....cool. I was cruising about 65-70, when the lane opened up, so i mash it. He didn't engage. #$%%), oh well heheh. About 5 miles, and he's pacing me, but not close enough to really race. I get off my exit, he's behind me. About a tenth of a mile off the exit, I pull into CVS, and he pulls right in behind me. Turns out I know the guy (an old golf friend). He said, "is that the new GTO?" "400 horse right?" He said he's so used to people challenging them to a race that he wasn't really paying attention, but got in my Goat, checked out the interior and gave me several compliments. "I think I'd have my hands full against this car", he said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:13 PM

So far I have only come across one once on a local highway which had traffic and was not a good place to race. Just my luck, oh well, maybe next time.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 03:14 PM

As a long-time Bimmerhead, I'm itching for a E46 M3 vs Holden confrontation...be sure.

My thought is that a properly tweaked '04 might just edge out an M3....an 05 would dispatch it stock.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 04:14 PM

I've run an M3 before and beat it hands down. Though, it probably was like 2 or 3 years old. I'd welcome a challenge of a new one, just seems like less and less people are challenging each other, the unfriendly officers are really putting a damper on things out here. It could also be the fact of people seeing the GTO tag...makes some of the pony cars and f bodies back away.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79TA&04GTO
I've run an M3 before and beat it hands down. Though, it probably was like 2 or 3 years old. I'd welcome a challenge of a new one, just seems like less and less people are challenging each other, the unfriendly officers are really putting a damper on things out here. It could also be the fact of people seeing the GTO tag...makes some of the pony cars and f bodies back away.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboylan
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 01:50 PM

I guess it depends on what kind of race you're talking about....in a 1/4 mile stoplight-stoplight race...the advantage is clearly with the GTO. In a canyon-burning excercise of carving through traffic, a stock M3 has a huge advantage against a stock GTO.

That being said, my mod path on my Holden is one which I want to improve all-round performance...power of course but not at the expense of improving the skidpad numbers and braking abilities....

When I'm comfortable with all of the above parameters (I'm almost there....with the addition of yellow Konis, that'll be a huge step in that direction) I'm going to buy a personalized license plate:

M3SLAYR

Bring it on, BimmerBoy.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:58 PM

Nice plates Groucho...I fancy the idea myself as well. Like I read here before though, just in case you ever do lose to someone, especially a race you should have won, and had an off day (God forbit)...you're known because of your plates. So, I probably won't go with the vanity plates myself.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 05:00 PM

I had raced one.We were going about 55, by about 110. I had him by 2 or 3 car lenghts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 PM

The only 3 series that I have raced is the 330i and from 80-120mph I tore him a new one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in