User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beat a Crotch rocket?

ok, so my car has been down, for a while... waiting on the crank

about Sept of 2010, i was on my way home from work. it was on a weekend around 6-7ish PM. not dark yet, but it was starting to get there, clear day.

for those in Houston, was coming north from the Gulf Freeway, coming up on the South Beltway, and there is an Enterance ramp. Right after Dixie Farm over pass. or is that the HOV lane enterance?

now that i got it set up:
I saw a Bike coming up the ramp, i thought it was a 1000, might have been a smaller one, but he was hauling some ass coming up on the ramp, so i accelerated to match him. He didn't see me (unless in his mirrors) and was about 20 ft in front of me one he was on the freeway. once he got on the freeway he really starting twisting the throttle. By this time i was really close to wide open, if not all the way into it just trying to catch up with him. He heard me coming up, by now i was one car leanth behind him. he turned and looked at me as we had switched lanes (i went to the right as he went left, and i was about to take an exit), and at that moment i had to let off in order to exit, i had no idea how fast i was going, but the exit i was taking had about 1/4 mile to slow down South Beltway East, and he showed no signs of slowing down till i lost Line of sight.

now, i'm putting down about 485RWHP N/A at this point in time, in an 05 modded LS2 stroked to about 400 or 402. and i felt i was pulling on him. although he could have been chicken, or just leading me on...

anyone have this experiance with bikes? think it was a 600 or larger?
i had an 08 600 GSXR, and i don't think it was as fast as my car, however my ZX-14 would leave it easy... I've never had anything in between
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Tough to say but if it was a 1000 he should have still outrun you even with the numbers you posted. My little brother runs mid 10s on his 2009 Kawasaki Z1000 and he's really more a road racer than a drag racer.

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't see that as beating him but more or less keeping pace with him. If there was no intentional sign that he wanted to race then he probably was just hauling a$$ and you joined him. I wish you knew what speeds you were going. Must have been well over 130 if you have your foot buried into it for awhile.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 AM

I raced a couple guys on some 600's when I had my 02 Z06. It was just a bit quicker than my 03 is now.

We did a couple stoplight wars and I got beat. Then we had the same situation, getting onto an expressway going at it from about 50 to well into triple digits. 50-90 they pulled a bit. 90-120 we were about equal. 120 to about 150 I evened things up and then we quit.

I also ran a couple 600's and a guy on an R1 in my 06 C6. I was able to keep from getting embarassed by the 600's, they seemed like they were stock and the other ones I ran with the Z06 were definately modded. The R1 walked away from us all and made us look like dorks. 70 to 120 was were myself and the 600's raced. In the same time frame the R1 probably ran up to 150-160 and put a train length on us, maybe more.

I'm always afraid to race with motorcyclists. I'd hate to have them do something stupid and get hurt because of me.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 PM

I don't but I witnessed my friend race two bikes one was a 600 and the other was a R1 on a local 1000ft track in his 600+rwhp Cobra. He destroyed the 600 and got beat by the R1. The R1 would pull and hold its distance but it didn't continue to pull by much over five car lengths or so. Still not bad.

With that said I think what has been said it takes a Termi Cobra to have 600+rwhp to beat a stock C6 Z06.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Ya, i think it was close to 65 - maybe 120. only lasted a few secs, and i felt like i was pulling on him, but just before i left off he looked back at me...

now that i think about it, if i'm on my ZX-14... i don't look back unless i'm off the throttle...

i've had some small run ins with bike fromt ime to time, but, even when i'm on my bike, i get scared at 130+. he could have just let off from fear, or thinking i was done and there was no point.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM

You making high 400s is probably the same to me making low 400s with the weight difference between us. Anything bigger than a 600cc sport bike will walk off and leave me. Liter bikes are very nasty trapping in the low 140s. I doubt he was racing.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

I don't know bikes very well, so there is no way i could really tell what it was.

Beating Liter bikes does have a nice ring to it! what kinda power would i really need to pull on a stock liter bike?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoristx View Post
I don't know bikes very well, so there is no way i could really tell what it was.

Beating Liter bikes does have a nice ring to it! what kinda power would i really need to pull on a stock liter bike?
That's a hard one to answer. Probably 800+ rwhp with the goat being on a serious diet, some damn good tires and suspension work. From a roll at triple digits, he will still get the jump on you, depending on what gear he's in, and you may be able to stop his pull at who knows what speed... 170, 180? By that time though there's no telling how far ahead he'll be. For me, I wouldn't even dare test one with my little 516/500 @ the wheels. Liter bikes are beasts in stock form and if the rider really knows how to ride it, he'll probably take you up close to 190 if you're brave enough to go there. I know I'm not.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in