LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
hsv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best tires for Autocross?

Hi All:

I've decided to give Autocrossing a try. Can anyone recommend the best tires? (Cheap is good too!).

Thanks,

HSV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 AM

i'm running some fuzion zri's on my goat. they feel better than the stock potenza's. the grip level is the same wet or dry or pretty close to it. i think kdw might be another choice but unless you go with a slick type of tire i'd say the fuzions are a good buy. i think alot of the tire selection will have to deal with your personality. if you need a tire to squeal when it's at the edge of it's limits or you can feel the tire as it loses traction. the type of track you run and the size tires you have.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
hsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
i'm running some fuzion zri's on my goat. they feel better than the stock potenza's. the grip level is the same wet or dry or pretty close to it. i think kdw might be another choice but unless you go with a slick type of tire i'd say the fuzions are a good buy. i think alot of the tire selection will have to deal with your personality. if you need a tire to squeal when it's at the edge of it's limits or you can feel the tire as it loses traction. the type of track you run and the size tires you have.
Hi Koman:

Thanks for the information. I will check out the fuzion's. I was looking at the kdw's on tire rack last night and they look to be in the top couple of UHP tires for dry grip, stability, cornering etc. The Yokohama Advan's also seemed to be very good.

I have the stock 18" wheels and was hoping to go 235/255 F/R. I'm planning to go to the events they have at Deven's airfield here in Mass.

Cheers,

HSV.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 AM

HSV:

Try the Hoosier A6. Contact Eric Frisby at Frisby Tire (Frisby Race Tire & Sierra Tire) to help out.

Feff
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
hsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
HSV:

Try the Hoosier A6. Contact Eric Frisby at Frisby Tire (Frisby Race Tire & Sierra Tire) to help out.

Feff
Thanks Feffman:

I'll check it out.

HSV.

--
2006 PBM/M6/18s 1 of 1124
No mods (yet!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in