Bikes - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bikes

I was out yesterday and was going to post this then, but I got distracted.

I was heading into Orlando and we have a connector that goes from rt 441 to the Turnpike. I was heading down 441 and this group of 3 bikes were playing with each other. I'm not very good with bikes, I can tell you one was a Ducati, one was an R1 and the third I'm not sure.

We get to the connector and I had kicked it a bit a couple times before, but this was where I needed to make my move. It goes from a tight right turn onto the highway into a sweeping uphill lefthander. No place for there to be a cop, good line of sight for traffic, which there wasn't any. We all took the entrance at about 40. They got into it and I jumped on it at about the same time. From 40 till 140-150 ish, the R1 put about 6-7 cars on me. The blue bike that I'm not sure what it was held almost even with me, maybe opening a half a car length between 70-100. The Ducati held even till about 80, lost a car length by 120 and was just slowly dropping after that, but very little.

I'm sure from a dig they would have all killed me, but it was great fun to hit the sweet spot of the C6 and run with them. At a toll plaza down the road where we all caught up they gave me a thumbs up and head nods, and I returned the gestures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A supercharger would take care of two of those bikes and the other one it would make for an interesting race.

You ever go to the NCRS show in January?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in