Bolt-on LS1 GTO record set yesterday at the Rock! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bolt-on LS1 GTO record set yesterday at the Rock!

Congrats to Russ for setting the new bolt-on LS1 GTO record yesterday at Rockingham! And it's NOT even an automatic!

The best run of the day was:

60 Foot: 1.775
330 Foot: 5.083
1/8th ET: 7.822
1/8th MPH: 90.28
1000 FT: 10.187
1/4 ET: 12.196
1/4 MPH: 110.06

The video, as well as mod details and pics can be found on my webpage here:

http://v8muscle.net (scroll down to the 1st article)

Can't wait to see what this thing will do with a set of 3.91's and a little more tweaking with HP Tuners!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 05:58 PM

That's a great job to be able to get numbers like those from a bolt on LS1. Those are numbers that would do a bolt on LS2 owner proud.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM

Great numbers!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM

Impressive - how much weight reduction total would you guess, including wheels/tires? 400lbs?

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Very impressive for bolt ons. I was expecting to see a cam in the mod list.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
Impressive - how much weight reduction total would you guess, including wheels/tires? 400lbs?
He weighed the car a few months ago and it was 3991 lbs with him in it. Now for these passes at Rockingham, he removed the rear seats, front passenger seat, fuel tank brace, tow hitch brace, and of course the wheel/tire swap. I'm guessing that is at least 200 lbs less than the figure above.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Now for these passes at Rockingham, he removed the rear seats, front passenger seat, fuel tank brace, tow hitch brace, and of course the wheel/tire swap. I'm guessing that is at least 200 lbs less than the figure above.

I really don't understand why so many are getting excited with this so-called record. Personally I would get excited about it if he had left all that stuff in. To me that's like someone who claims they have the fastest stock GTO when they made their pass on drag radials. Drag radials are not a stock item on the GTO so how or why would someone claim it as such. Oh well. to each his/her own.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
I really don't understand why so many are getting excited with this so-called record. Personally I would get excited about it if he had left all that stuff in. To me that's like someone who claims they have the fastest stock GTO when they made their pass on drag radials. Drag radials are not a stock item on the GTO so how or why would someone claim it as such. Oh well. to each his/her own.
It's impressive to me because it's the fastest one with bolt ons, period. Sure 12's are not really impressive anymore, but it's impressive when considering this specific car (f-bodies were much easier to go faster since they start out with a LOT less weight, and this GTO is still not anywhere close in the weight department). If people wanted to get technical and have such a list for fastest bolt on GTO at full weight, trust me he would still have the record. This is the 3rd time he's attained such a record, the guy can drive like none other!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
It's impressive to me because it's the fastest one with bolt ons, period. Sure 12's are not really impressive anymore, but it's impressive when considering this specific car (f-bodies were much easier to go faster since they start out with a LOT less weight, and this GTO is still not anywhere close in the weight department). If people wanted to get technical and have such a list for fastest bolt on GTO at full weight, trust me he would still have the record. This is the 3rd time he's attained such a record, the guy can drive like none other!
No where in my post did I say that 12s were not impressive. It is! I guess another thing with me is, I didn't care what another car could do when I went to the track. If a Civic, modded Cobra or a gutted f-body ran down the track with me and got a better time I didn't care. I only cared about what I could do and trust me, I'm not that good. The best I could do was 13.2 @ 112 with everything in the car at LACR. As you can see by the time versus the speed the problem wasn't me for once . The problem was a worn out stock clutch trying to hold 452/433 to the wheels at the time as it slipped all the way through 4th gear. Kevin (bluhaven) thought I was spinning my tires down the track but I wasn't (I had drag radials on too). He heard my rpm's raising as the clutch slipped. I haven't been back to the track since . Anyway don't take my post too personal. Like I said, to me, I would have been more impressed if everything was in the car... that's all.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in