User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boxster vs GTO

Whats up?

So I was headed home going down 82nd Ave after enrolling myself into some college courses. And here in Oregon, our road designs and traffic lights suck. I had been sitting at this red light for literally a minute and this baby blue porsche boxster rolls up to me on my right. The color caught my eye and I looked over at him, and he was looking at me and smiling. I looked back at the light and it had just turned green, I heard his engine and a chirp from his tires and he takes off. I instantly got on the throttle and right before shifting to second gear, I had caught him and could no longer see him in the corner of my eye. I slam second gear and a second later heard a beep. Knowing I was at 60mph (O/D set) I let off and hit the breaks and he flies by me. I know those boxsters only have around 300hp. But its nice always blowing the doors off something that costs 2x amount of your ride. Anyways. Just thought I would tell my story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 06:10 PM

He never had a chance. The base Boxster is 245hp, the S is 295hp. Curb weight around 2,900 lbs. Maybe he could have taken you on some zig-zag type deal, but nothing in a straight line, drivers being equal.
nice kill (Farfignuken or something like that)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
awesome kill

I cant wait to get my first. I found out recently that an older guy that lives in a terrace across a road from the terrace I live in just purchased a white mustang with blue racing stripes. My mail man who also has a GTO who is one of three owners of a GTO in my "county" that I live in, including myself told me that it was a GT and it had a supercharged badge under the GT which is located on the door panel. What do you think he is puttin out. My only mods thus far are Superchips programmer, poweraid throttle body spacer, AEM Brute Force Intake, and within the next week or two will be adding corsa or magnaflow exhaust, or even maybe a custom flowmaster exhaust done.You think my goat has anything for him? And you know what is really bad?, im a dam cop!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:52 PM

I know how those cops are. I've seen Superbad! Just kidding. Don't pull me over....
Boxsters are Porsches for girls anyhow!

Last edited by t0ny; 12-17-2007 at 11:56 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgoat View Post
I cant wait to get my first. I found out recently that an older guy that lives in a terrace across a road from the terrace I live in just purchased a white mustang with blue racing stripes. My mail man who also has a GTO who is one of three owners of a GTO in my "county" that I live in, including myself told me that it was a GT and it had a supercharged badge under the GT which is located on the door panel. What do you think he is puttin out. My only mods thus far are Superchips programmer, poweraid throttle body spacer, AEM Brute Force Intake, and within the next week or two will be adding corsa or magnaflow exhaust, or even maybe a custom flowmaster exhaust done.You think my goat has anything for him? And you know what is really bad?, im a dam cop!
If it's a newer GT, you're done for. If it's an +05 up GT, he's gonna be puttin down a good 400~whp, and he has a lot less weight to move. If you're gonna go hunting for a kill, look for something a little lower on the food-chain until you get the hang of launching, shift-points, etc.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:30 AM

ok first off i just raced and 06 gt and kicked its ass, second off how do you get off complainin about a 1 min light, i have been at lights in southern cali (orange county) for over 15 min waitin to get through, and if im first in line and its takin forever f the red im goin through regardless, especialy after a whole min!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
If it's a newer GT, you're done for. If it's an +05 up GT, he's gonna be puttin down a good 400~whp, and he has a lot less weight to move. If you're gonna go hunting for a kill, look for something a little lower on the food-chain until you get the hang of launching, shift-points, etc.
What GT are you talking about? GT500 or Ford GT. By the way, I wouldn't be afraid to run him.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
formerly NJGoat

Garage
Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
What GT are you talking about? GT500 or Ford GT. By the way, I wouldn't be afraid to run him.
Its a 2007 Ford Mustang GT with a supercharged badge under gt emblem on side of doors. Its all white with blue racing stripes. It may be a pirnelli Jones? model. Not sure. I'll check because I heard what dealer he purchased it from and they are suppose to have one left. He bought it for around $40,000. Yea, I am not looking to run him just yet. I have been lookin' for the right slaughter. HeEE HEE
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post

I'm talking about a an '05 up Mustang GT. Supercharged, they're usually in the 400-420rwhp ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgoat View Post
Its a 2007 Ford Mustang GT with a supercharged badge under gt emblem on side of doors. Its all white with blue racing stripes. It may be a pirnelli Jones? model. Not sure. I'll check because I heard what dealer he purchased it from and they are suppose to have one left. He bought it for around $40,000. Yea, I am not looking to run him just yet. I have been lookin' for the right slaughter. HeEE HEE
The Parnelli Jones cars are strictly Saleen built, and are not supercharged. They are also all Grabber Orange. If he bought his Mustang new fom the deaper w/ the supercharger already installed, it's prolly the Ford Racing unit they can dealer-install. It should still be at or near the 400 mark at the wheels. You can run him, but if you get your ass anded to you, I told ya so, lol. Good luck.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

"ok first off i just raced and 06 gt and kicked its ass,"

That is nice, I never said anything about any GT. Ive only made the post.

"second off how do you get off complainin about a 1 min light"

I can complain about anything I feel like complaining about. Freedom of speech. And the light was retarded, i was sitting on a main street and there was no cars before I even got to it, and the light was at a little side street. And it was just part of the story, so I added it. Sorry your lights suck even more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in