It was break your car night last night - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was break your car night last night

I saw more people break things and crash at the strip last night than I've ever seen. 2 cars into the wall. A guy on a quad lost it and flipped a half dozen times. One guy left the line without most of his rear axle. Another broke his tranny. Two different guys, one in a Civic and one in a Nissan Sentra broke half shafts. A guy in a 7 second Camaro threw a rod at the start line. Another guy with an auto tranny dumped all his fluid at about the 1000' mark and that one took 45 minutes to clean up. A guy on a motorcycle dumped it 15 feet into his run. I think it was the heat. It started out at 90 degrees and only dropped to 85 by the time we quit at 11pm. The DA at the start was 3188 and only improved to 2898 by the end of the evening.

My first run was a 13.1 and the second was a 12.8. Good 60's at 2.02 and 1.97, considering how humid it was. Speed was down and so was the power.

I saw some interesting stuff. A guy in an 06 Mustang GT went 12.7. He raced a guy in a Roush 427 that he beat. Then he raced an 03 Cobra that had a pulley, intake and tune, but was on street tires. They were both about the same at 12.7's. The GT didn't have a supercharger, it was just gears, tires and a heads n cam. It had a very quiet exhaust that almost would pass for stock. He told me he's run an 11.9 and usually runs 12.2's which sounded right since he was almost .2 quicker than me and I usually run 12.2-12.4.

There was a Volkswagen R32 with Groucho's DSG. He was running 14.9-15.1. A guy in a turbo'd 240Z was running mid 12's all night. A guy in a Silverado 4wd with a 6.0 that had some serious work done to it ran a 13.4. It was at leats heads, cam, headers, and it may have had some internal work. No turbo or supercharger though. It had an LSE decal and I never thought, but it might have had a stroker.

A guy in a Porsche Cayman was taking any girl that he could get to ride with him down the track for upper 14 second lower 15 second passes. I looked at the car and honestly can't understand why someone would pay more for it than a C6. It hass a lot less room. Not as nice an interior. And, when a guy in a 2006 Impala SS that is bone stock beats you, your car isn't fast. The guy was a real jerk too. He kept teling people to get away from his car. He told me that and I just kept looking. He then told me to get away or else. I walked to the back of the car and acted like I was going to use his spoiler for a seat. He absolutely freaked out, screaming at me. Everyone just laughed. So I then said, for the audience there, my Porsche joke. What's the difference between a Porsche and a cactus, the pricks on the outside of the cactus. It got a great laugh. He said why don't I just go back to my beater and head over to my trailer. So I said well I guess I do drive a beater, just like most of the beaters here tonight, Porsche beaters. I walked away at that point, it was useless talking to him.

All in all it was fun and 98% of the people there were nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
He said why don't I just go back to my beater and head over to my trailer. So I said well I guess I do drive a beater, just like most of the beaters here tonight, Porsche beaters. I walked away at that point, it was useless talking to him.

Priceless!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM

I love it at the track. Never a dull moment. Was it test and tune night? I prefer to go on grudge night when the big boys aren't running. Less things get broke then and your not standing around waiting for them to clean up mess after mess. And just so you know I plan on stealin that beater line and use it down the road

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

It was my favorite, Street Drags. I guess that's pretty much grudge night. There was about a half dozen cars that were weren't really street cars.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM

People buy stuff like Porsche Caymans for the name and style. It's why the old school Porsche guys hate them so much.

Was up at Infineon for the Rolex Grand Am Series last weekend -- and there was a Northern California Porsche Club meeting there. Nicest car was a brand new bright orange over black GT3. Basically a race car for the street. Now that's a Porsche.

Clearly, your buddy just doesn't know anything about cars. The beauty of Porsches are the brakes and suspension. Straight line speed? Sure, the turbos have it -- but that's just the icing on the cake.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 10:28 AM

OMG, thats hilarious! I can't wait to take mine to the track, first I need to fix my suspension.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:36 AM

i broke my tranny on friday. i was the first of four transmissions that failed during Midwest Z Fest. oh well, got it out in 30 mins and back in fixed in 90 mins. was still warm. i'm hardcore. =-)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good 2 go View Post
Priceless!
HAHAHA +1

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
So I said well I guess I do drive a beater, just like most of the beaters here tonight, Porsche beaters.
Great come back.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in