Charger and a F-body go down - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Charger and a F-body go down

Driving home from work tonight I was behind a Charger. He had an aftermarket exhaust on and was red with white stripes. The exhaust was big duals and loud enough that I could hear his car inside mine.

We came up to a light with him in the left lane and no traffic ahead of him. The light was red. There was a car in the right lane. I had a 98-02 Camaro behind me with a aftermarket hood scoop on.

Right before we stopped the light turned green and he stepped down. I could hear the exhaust note in my car. As soon as we cleared the car to the right I moved to the right and planted it.

The Charger mashed the gas and so did the Camaro. I started pulling on the Charger and by 70 had a couple car lengths on him. The Camaro came around the Charger and moved to the left but slowly dropped back after 70. We ran up to about a 100-110.

I let off and the Camaro came around in a ricer fly-by. He had an aftermarket exhaust too.

The fun part is, I was in my Hyundai Son ata and this was a V6 Camaro and a Charger SXT. I'm guessing the Charger was a 2.7 V6. That would be pretty embarassing to have a car that you change the exhaust on and add stripes and such and still get beat by a plain little 4cyl Hyundai.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Damnit fergy!! I'm gonna go to the end of all of your kill posts and see what car you were in before I assume you were in the Z06. You jacked me up plenty of times with the Cavvy too. By the way... good kill!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM

LOL thats funny. I was assuming he was in his z06 too. I guess a race is a race though. Good Kill!!! I like running people with my 03 cavalier 2.2 5speed. Totally stock and will stay that way. I get more action in my cavi than i get with the GTO. I recently ran a mid/late 90's 6 cylinder toyota pickup with my cavi from a light and it was a pretty close race until i hit 3rd gear and it was night night for the yota. heh... its all fun no matter what you drive.

05 GTO A4- Svede otrcai, Fast 102, Livernois stg 2 ported heads, Texas Speed 224R cam, Pacesetter LT's, Edge 3000 stall, Kooks afterburners, Pedders 0 drp rear springs and shocks, MT et streets, 418rwhp/391rwtq, [email protected]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_05GTO View Post
LOL thats funny. I was assuming he was in his z06 too. I guess a race is a race though. Good Kill!!! I like running people with my 03 cavalier 2.2 5speed. Totally stock and will stay that way. I get more action in my cavi than i get with the GTO. I recently ran a mid/late 90's 6 cylinder toyota pickup with my cavi from a light and it was a pretty close race until i hit 3rd gear and it was night night for the yota. heh... its all fun no matter what you drive.
I loved running my 03 Cavi 5 spd. Sleeper car of the year.

I took it to the track. I convinced a friend of mine to bring his 1997 Mustang GT vert A4 that night. He ran a 15.4 and I ran a 15.6 but beat him on the reaction time so I got the win. I could consistantly beat him to 70 and sometimes 80 with that car. Lots of fun catching the unsuspecting fartcan Honda and beating it.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
The fun part is, I was in my Hyundai Son ata and this was a V6 Camaro and a Charger SXT. I'm guessing the Charger was a 2.7 V6. That would be pretty embarassing to have a car that you change the exhaust on and add stripes and such and still get beat by a plain little 4cyl Hyundai.
Actually, the Charger should have been a 3.5 HO. At least that's what's in my wifes SXT...... The SE's have the smaller motor.

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:38 PM

what the heck i thought this was a srt8 charger and a 2010 camaro ss and he was in the z06,,next thing we're gonna hear a bad a$$ story and then at the end hes gonna be like "by the way i was in a ford pinto with headers"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem5417 View Post
what the heck i thought this was a srt8 charger and a 2010 camaro ss and he was in the z06,,next thing we're gonna hear a bad a$$ story and then at the end hes gonna be like "by the way i was in a ford pinto with headers"
Sorry but that was a Vega not a Pinto. GM never Ford. LOL
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

I haven't had any takers on the Z06 for so long it's not funny. At this point I just take what I can get.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I loved running my 03 Cavi 5 spd. Sleeper car of the year.

I took it to the track. I convinced a friend of mine to bring his 1997 Mustang GT vert A4 that night. He ran a 15.4 and I ran a 15.6 but beat him on the reaction time so I got the win. I could consistantly beat him to 70 and sometimes 80 with that car. Lots of fun catching the unsuspecting fartcan Honda and beating it.

Wow a 15.6 is pretty good! I might run mine one day for the fun of it LOL

05 GTO A4- Svede otrcai, Fast 102, Livernois stg 2 ported heads, Texas Speed 224R cam, Pacesetter LT's, Edge 3000 stall, Kooks afterburners, Pedders 0 drp rear springs and shocks, MT et streets, 418rwhp/391rwtq, [email protected]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:46 PM

You had me good, that a good one. Nice kill any way Ferg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in