Check this out - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check this out

I really need to get my car to the track.

He had a great DA, but still this is smoking fast.

12.4 in stock 2011 GT - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

12.475 at 113 mph in a stock base 5.0 Mustang GT Auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Oooh that is impressive! Does the tune do anything for the shifts? What gear/rpm is it usually crossing the line at?

Apparently the autos may be quicker than the manuals?

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 10:55 AM

Awesome time. Man, I gotta get my car to the track to get an idea of how I'll fair against these things once I come up against one. Fergy, in your well seasoned and educated opionion (and Bluebeast too if he wants to chime in), what do you think I would run with my setup 455 rwhp/415 rwtrq (the texas-speed LS3 heads/cam package with FAST 102 intake, Kooks Signature headers, Borla catback, Granatelli MAF, 46# injectors, and K&N cai)? Keep in mind I got the factory 18"s with Kuhmo hi-performance all season tires and only have a TCI Breakaway 2500 stall on the A4 tranny. I'm dieing to find out. Nothing but a stupid 1/8th mile here in town.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM

I bet he's got a tune and just isn't admitting to it. I'm on Mustangforums.com all the time and that slip looks exactly like a slip a guy posted with tune/CAI/exhaust.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 03:46 PM

I saw a new 5.0 running last time i went to the track. It looked like he had drag radials on it. I saw him run a 12.90 and my friend said he ran a 12.8x something too. The time I saw him run he wheel hopped off the line a little. Im assuming that it was stock other than the rubber.

05 GTO A4- Svede otrcai, Fast 102, Livernois stg 2 ported heads, Texas Speed 224R cam, Pacesetter LT's, Edge 3000 stall, Kooks afterburners, Pedders 0 drp rear springs and shocks, MT et streets, 418rwhp/391rwtq, [email protected]
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
I bet he's got a tune and just isn't admitting to it. I'm on Mustangforums.com all the time and that slip looks exactly like a slip a guy posted with tune/CAI/exhaust.
I was thinking drag radials to get the 1.91 60 foot. Everything I've seen indicates that it should run a 12.7-12.9 with a 2.0x 60 foot. Add in the great negative DA he had and the 113 trap is possible.

I just don't see how the guy got a 1.91 with the stock 235 rear tires and he didn't even adjust the tire pressure, not that it matters too much. A tenth on the 60 foot usually equates to two tenths at the big end. In the cold air with the good DA it's possible to run a 12.7 and then add the DR's and you got a 12.5.

There are several guys that have gotten into the high 11's with DR's, a tune, CAI and a full exhaust including headers.

Like I said, I gotta get my car to the track. My SOTP dyno says it's going to break into the 12's and that it's nearly as strong as my 06 C6 with the A6.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Awesome time. Man, I gotta get my car to the track to get an idea of how I'll fair against these things once I come up against one. Fergy, in your well seasoned and educated opionion (and Bluebeast too if he wants to chime in), what do you think I would run with my setup 455 rwhp/415 rwtrq (the texas-speed LS3 heads/cam package with FAST 102 intake, Kooks Signature headers, Borla catback, Granatelli MAF, 46# injectors, and K&N cai)? Keep in mind I got the factory 18"s with Kuhmo hi-performance all season tires and only have a TCI Breakaway 2500 stall on the A4 tranny. I'm dieing to find out. Nothing but a stupid 1/8th mile here in town.
My guess is that you won't get any traction and will have a lousy time with a great speed number at the end. I would guess that you should be able to trap 120-122 mph.

The tires you have on there, 12.5. Get some good sticky DR's and high elevens. Get some slicks and I'd guess a mid to low 11 would be possible.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
Oooh that is impressive! Does the tune do anything for the shifts? What gear/rpm is it usually crossing the line at?

Apparently the autos may be quicker than the manuals?
This guy is claiming his car is stock, no tune. The 5.0 is tuned conservatively. A couple dyno pulls show between 395 and 415 with just a CAI, a catback and a tune. A couple guys with the aforementioned mods and DR's have gotten into the 11's.

My guess is the A6 falls somewhere between the 3.55 rear gear cars and the 3.73 rear gear cars with M6's for bragging rights. I do know the A6 Vettes are quicker than the M6 Vettes, so it might be possible in this case too. Ford's A6 is geared very similar to GM's A6. The 1st gear ration when multiplied is 13.xx so there is a ton of torque multiplication there.

I think it traps in 4th at around 5700 rpms. I think 3.55 is the ideal ratio to trap at or near the powerpeak in 4th. Some guys have gone to 3.73's, but my opinion is that's too much gear.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the input. Does it make sense to get DRs on an 18" rim? Just about everything I've seen around here seems to be on a 15" rim.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Thanks for the input. Does it make sense to get DRs on an 18" rim? Just about everything I've seen around here seems to be on a 15" rim.
You'll still have a ton more traction using DRs on the 18s than on street tires. The reason alot of guys like to use the 15 is that it gives the tire some sidewall flex which is better for traction and it also absorbs alot of the destructive forces that'll try to kill your axles or diff. You should have a high 11 second car on sticky tires. On street tires you'll play hell getting off the line like I do and will probably run a mid to high 12. I'm going to venture a guess of a trap speed in the 118 to 120 range. My buddy runs drag bags on his goat and he says it helps with the wheel hop quite a bit. He's maggie charged, built and stroked with a 75 shot. Shame he cant drive cause the car should be a monster.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in