Chrysler 300 SRT-8 from a dig - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chrysler 300 SRT-8 from a dig

So, yesterday was my birthday, and I was obviously a little cocky, as I burned through six gallons in 110 miles after filling up in the morning. I had a lot of fun getting the rear to break loose/chirp all over rolling along in 1st & 2nd.

Anyways, I gave er from a light in first on my way home, and saw a cop pull out into the opposite direction from the bank about a block down who stared daggers into me, but couldn't do anything since I only took it up to 35, the legal limit. In doing so, I nuzzled up next to an SRT-8 300 inadvertently at the next light 2 blocks down at the county line, so I knew the cop would no longer be an issue. He saw this as an invitation to race, which wasn't my intention initially, but I was game. He revved it lightly on the red, I looked over and saw an executive-type, clean cut with a suit & tie on. We both nailed it (even though I had to feather a bit since my tires are slip-happy on the dig and past 4k) on the green and he hung with me through first, but I started to pull as I banged 2nd (heard him chirp with his auto too, I was impressed), and by the top of 2nd I had almost a full length on him, where I was satisfied and shut down.

Even though I got the W, I still want some more mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM

An SRT-8 is always a nice win. What kind of a diet did your goat go on to lose 144pds.?

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Jeez you put me on the spot... I posted the list in another thread with weights, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...

I pulled the tow brace (including the plastic cover & hardware), gas tank cage & mounts, exhaust shields, skid plate, FRCS, hood liner, scoop plugs, spare, jack, chocks, and cut 33lbs with the new catback.

I still want that radio & a/c gone for a few extra.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Dont do it!!!! LOL. I had a Camaro I did that to and I wound up really missing those 2 items.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Good job. I smoked an R/T AWD Charger off the line awhile back. I was really shocked and thought he was gonna get me til 3rd gear.

I've never played with a 300C SRT-8. Honestly, I've only seen maybe 2 so far. I see tons of Challengers, Chargers, and Jeeps though.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nice run!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Jeez you put me on the spot... I posted the list in another thread with weights, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...

I pulled the tow brace (including the plastic cover & hardware), gas tank cage & mounts, exhaust shields, skid plate, FRCS, hood liner, scoop plugs, spare, jack, chocks, and cut 33lbs with the new catback.

I still want that radio & a/c gone for a few extra.
Leave all the creature comforts, just throw a 100 shot on it and call it good.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM

I got to run a 300 C SRT8 about 3 years ago when I was back home in Chicago visiting family. We didn't go from a dig. We were already running on the interstate and pulled up next to each other running 65ish. I had about 2 cars on him at 100-110 and shut down. He too was a white collar snooty bastard. Didn't smile or wave or thumbs up when I slowed down and let him get back up beside me. I only had a K&N cai and Diablosport can tune at the time (maybe my Borla cat-back, can't remember for sure, but don't think so).

The supervisor in the maintenance dept. here at work has one. Beautiful car. Probably the nicest car Chrystler has ever built. He won't race me. I'd have a huge weight advantage on him. He's a fat pig, around 350 lbs, lol. The maintenance supervisor before him had a Crossfire SRT6. He wouldn't race me either. All these white collar Detroit Chrystler refugees down here with their toys, and nobody wants to play, lol.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstang View Post
Leave all the creature comforts, just throw a 100 shot on it and call it good.
Nay, cut the weight, then add power... I have outlandish plans for Lexan and CF goodies once I graduate. I want to break the 3400 mark without anyone noticing.

I'm getting a Braille battery next time around, too.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
Nay, cut the weight, then add power... I have outlandish plans for Lexan and CF goodies once I graduate. I want to break the 3400 mark without anyone noticing.

I'm getting a Braille battery next time around, too.
I have the 11 pound braille in the skittle. I checked it was more weight saving than a carbon fiber hood and alot cheaper. Actually has held up to the jersey winters so far also.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in