Cobalt SS........i know just read it - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cobalt SS........i know just read it

My buddy (craig) asked me to go to this car show (just guys in a wal mart parking lot) this past saturday and i said "sure". He drives an 04 mach 1 with an intake a new H pipe and flowmaster exaust. He also just got it tuned and dynoed and it said he was pushing 328 to the wheels. I have a bone stock 05 GTO M6 but i was just gonna ride with him to see what it was like (and so i dont get into any trouble). We met up with some other people and i ended up driving anyways.

So we get to the show and there are a lot of hondas, some low rider trucks, some wrx's, a few cobra's and there was only 1 GTO!!!! Mine!!! i was excited about that but anyways these cobalts started pouring in and one of the guys new my buddy with the mach 1. Of course he wanted to race my buddy (craig) but craig didnt want to get into trouble either. He gave craig crap the rest of the night and it was making me mad. He said his car was stock but we asked his friend and he said that he had a stage 2 pulley and a 50 shot of nitrous. We left wishing craig raced him.

I know uve been reading a long time but this is the good stuff!!!!!!!

So i was driving to my girlfriends house on tuesday night and who do i see? Its the cobalt kid! He comes off the interstate ramp and im just going 60 and he down shifts and takes off. I down shift and catch him. We get next to each other and we both look at each other and he gives the 3 finger sign for the honks. I nod yes and we slow down. We slow down to about 45 and he gives the 3 honks. I down shifted into 2nd and i think he did too. Lets just say i pulled from him the whole time. I hit 3rd and was prob a 1/2 a car in front. By the end of third i was 2 1/2 cars and i hit fourth and midway through 4th i was prob 3-4 cars in front still pulling. I slowed down at 120 and when he caught up we gave the thumbs up. He was really cool about it actually. I dont know if he sprayed but his fault if he didnt

I called my buddy and told him that i shut that kid up for him.

Now all i have to do is race the mach 1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
nice kill. my goat had a SS cobolt for lunch one day and i let him go first. ok whine sound.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:04 PM

Nice Cobolt kill. Let us know how you make out against the Mach 1.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 PM

I don't see how your friend's Mach 1 is making 328 whp w/ those few mods. They usually dyno around 280-285 stock. That's a big gain from so few mods....

Anyways, nice kill. Way to shut that Slowbalt driver up.....
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:20 PM

Nice work! I drove a SS Supercharged Cobalt...felt like a nice car...not match for a GTO though...kinda ricey, but I like them...
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:55 PM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The Cobalt is sharp, but ofcourse being a Ponitac person, even though my wife has a new Tahoe, I'd pick the G6 GXP they are a little nicer but still a little ricey.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:07 AM

^ Do you mean the G5??? As far as I know, they don't come in a supercharged model like the Cobalt....
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:57 AM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
^ Do you mean the G5??? As far as I know, they don't come in a supercharged model like the Cobalt....
Yea, I did mean the G5, my local Pontiac dealership had three G6 GXP's, I'd have to say they look sharp, the rear spoiler looks a little ricey, but not bad.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
I don't see how your friend's Mach 1 is making 328 whp w/ those few mods. They usually dyno around 280-285 stock. That's a big gain from so few mods....

Anyways, nice kill. Way to shut that Slowbalt driver up.....

yea i think he was even a little suprised too. The guy that dynoed it said he got a "factory freak car". But i did see the dyno sheet and it said 328. I think me and him are gonna be a good race.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to JerseyGoat
The new cobalt SS is going to have the 2.0 ecotec turbo from the Solstice gxp. It's a pretty impressive car, i'd buy one over a civic or sentra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in