User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cobra lost!

OK.....

I don't mean to brag or anything, but this is the second Cobra I raced on the highway and literally destroyed. It must be pretty embarrasing, because he wouldn't go a second time, let alone look over at me after the first. ( i was going to give him a thumbs up just for racing me too).

Anyway, I live in Boise and this has got to be Mustang Central, there are more of that car than anything here, so I get lots of races.

I am on my way East on I-84 (high desert, no one out here)when I pull up to a Yellow Cobra with Nevada plates. I am right on his arse doing 90 in the fast lane and he wont pull over, so I pull to the right lane and pull up to him slowly in 4th... now about 100 even we are doing, so I wing the throttle and he bites I hit it too, and I pulled on him soooo hard.... seriously got like 3 lengths on him to 140 (still in 4th) and I just shift to 5th and stay at 140... he starts to gain (i'm just waiting for him ) he gets on me then when I slow to 130.... then I get on it again to a lil over 140 then I hit 5th and cruise it 150 (fastest I have been in my GTO) he just couldn't hang. I slow so he does.... but wont get next to me. So I slow to like 75 and he still stays behind me. then he turns off..... Anyway this GTO really gets it on the highway, and I swear from 120 to 140 in 4th this thing just pulls HARD! Oh well, another Cobra kill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 AM

Personally, I relished every word of that story...nice kill
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 AM

Good!!! Every time I get near a mustang these guys always want a piece,from the early 90's to todays model, it's almost as if there insane. Hav'nt had a mutang touch me yet. Best run was on a 2 lane county highway her in the Savannah area. Had a red Rousch stang behind me goosen it. so I dropped it into 3rd and left him, he tried pullen behind me but couldn't hang. He gave up after that and drove real respectable behind me. Pulled up to the stop light after to give a nod, and in typical stang driver fasion wouldnt even look in my direction. Not to put down a good car, but took a WS6 TA this weekend, and he was like any good challenger should be, gave me a nod and wave after with a big smile. Thats what it's all about.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvillar
Good!!! Every time I get near a mustang these guys always want a piece,from the early 90's to todays model, it's almost as if there insane. Hav'nt had a mutang touch me yet. Best run was on a 2 lane county highway her in the Savannah area. Had a red Rousch stang behind me goosen it. so I dropped it into 3rd and left him, he tried pullen behind me but couldn't hang. He gave up after that and drove real respectable behind me. Pulled up to the stop light after to give a nod, and in typical stang driver fasion wouldnt even look in my direction. Not to put down a good car, but took a WS6 TA this weekend, and he was like any good challenger should be, gave me a nod and wave after with a big smile. Thats what it's all about.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:44 AM

I took out a ws6 here too!! I didnt wanna race him but he insisted, so wth. i dont race gm products just everything else
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

You know.... there is a 2005 Rousch in town. It pulled next to me in the turn lane (windows down) I sayed nice car but it looks like a 4 wheel drive next to mine No reaction at all from HER but I know she could here me. ( I really shouldn't be such a jerk, it just happens some time)

Seriously that ROUSCH sits high next to the GTO... the car looks huge.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2FAST
You know.... there is a 2005 Rousch in town. It pulled next to me in the turn lane (windows down) I sayed nice car but it looks like a 4 wheel drive next to mine No reaction at all from HER but I know she could here me. ( I really shouldn't be such a jerk, it just happens some time)

Seriously that ROUSCH sits high next to the GTO... the car looks huge.
There was this guy in an 05 GT running at the drag strip. I was running 13.5-13.4 that night. I wasn't paying much attention to him but noticed he ran a 13.6. I went over and complimented him on his run. It got me a F--- u. I was what is that for? He said his car should be crushing mine. I told him the Gotta have-it factor only works in magazines. The GT gets beat by the GTO in real life, but I hadn't seen one run that fast stock. Long story short, he had a S/C'd Rousch. Guess the heat affects those worse than the LS2. LOL. Next time I see him I'll throw the "man is that thing fast for 4wd" at him.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer
I told him the Gotta have-it factor only works in magazines. Next time I see him I'll throw the "man is that thing fast for 4wd" at him.

Last edited by 05GTO; 11-11-2005 at 08:58 AM.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:37 AM

Typical!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer
There was this guy in an 05 GT running at the drag strip. I was running 13.5-13.4 that night. I wasn't paying much attention to him but noticed he ran a 13.6. I went over and complimented him on his run. It got me a F--- u. I was what is that for? He said his car should be crushing mine. I told him the Gotta have-it factor only works in magazines. The GT gets beat by the GTO in real life, but I hadn't seen one run that fast stock. Long story short, he had a S/C'd Rousch. Guess the heat affects those worse than the LS2. LOL. Next time I see him I'll throw the "man is that thing fast for 4wd" at him.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2FAST
OK.....

I don't mean to brag or anything, but this is the second Cobra I raced on the highway and literally destroyed. It must be pretty embarrasing, because he wouldn't go a second time, let alone look over at me after the first. ( i was going to give him a thumbs up just for racing me too).

Anyway, I live in Boise and this has got to be Mustang Central, there are more of that car than anything here, so I get lots of races.

I am on my way East on I-84 (high desert, no one out here)when I pull up to a Yellow Cobra with Nevada plates. I am right on his arse doing 90 in the fast lane and he wont pull over, so I pull to the right lane and pull up to him slowly in 4th... now about 100 even we are doing, so I wing the throttle and he bites I hit it too, and I pulled on him soooo hard.... seriously got like 3 lengths on him to 140 (still in 4th) and I just shift to 5th and stay at 140... he starts to gain (i'm just waiting for him ) he gets on me then when I slow to 130.... then I get on it again to a lil over 140 then I hit 5th and cruise it 150 (fastest I have been in my GTO) he just couldn't hang. I slow so he does.... but wont get next to me. So I slow to like 75 and he still stays behind me. then he turns off..... Anyway this GTO really gets it on the highway, and I swear from 120 to 140 in 4th this thing just pulls HARD! Oh well, another Cobra kill.
Good kill, its nice to know the Cobra can be beat.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in